• Replies Replies 122
  • Views Views 17,751

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
the forum is expected to go down tonight for a platform changing experience. i am tired of ipb and plan to switch to vb... hopefully this would not bother you guys. would result in a lot of dead links though. 🙁

S you will be buying a new license again. 😱

Hurray! Finally! We don't mind the broken links, but seriously, all of us in here were fed up of IPB.

If you need help in writing couple of Apache redircts to preserve existing links, let me know.

oh yeah i was looking for a solution for that. 😀 search engine friendly redirects. even if they are to the homepage of the forum. 😀

you will be buying a new license again.[/b]

heh. have no option. the open source forum softwares are simply not good enough. VB comes highly recommended from a source and i expect to get some help on making the forum more seo friendly. i simply have to kick some guy's ass with this forum.

do take a look on http://bbpress.org/ from the makers of wordpress nice board just too simple!

also do let this board available at different location

http://www.tradeshade.com/

i am already using that software on tradeshade. it is fabulous i agree. but good for support based forums. also translators are disappointingly buggy. also a lot of data would be lost in shifting to that software. it simply is too bare and basic. and not even in beta. 🙂

i would of course keep the backup. running it on a seperate domain? umm would be tough considering the license of this forum is tied to the domain and to move that to a new place could be a bit too complicated. 😕

would think abt it. if it's not that complicated.

i did some testing and it seems to be complicated. but my IPB license is anyways going to expire on april 15. so i have more reasons to move now than ever.

Move this board to diff alias like broadforum.in/old in this way license condition would be also fulfilled.Well personally i like ipb more than vbulletin.

I have always preferred IPB myself but recent upgrades have nothing about the forum itself. They are focusing more on addon stuff like blogs. The basic funda of enhancing the featureset of the forum itself has been disappointing. They have nothing to offer for SEO friendly pages or links. I just cannot find a solution to sort out the session id mess we have on this forum.

Initial problems :
1. Passwords are not remembered (?)
2. PM box is 100% full !
3. RSS feeds disappeared ...

importer does not retrieve the passwords due to security issues. PM Box? How many do you have! I would check the limit and increase it.RSS feed link i have to fix. the limitations still exist.check you PM box now!

Move this board to diff alias like broadforum.in/old in this way license condition would be also fulfilled.
Well personally i like ipb more than vbulletin.
beta.broadbandforum.co
find it here...