Forum Downtime Today

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 9,116
It stopped working for me 3 - 4 days back.I got an error message saying something like "Account has been suspended for overusage..."

well yeah. that was due to directadmin corruption on my friend's old server. he had major problems recovering sites hosted on that server. i moved out on time 😀 it's now hosted on a server with just 4 sites running on it... expensive 🙁

QUOTE(Sushubh @ Nov 29 2006, 03:16 PM) [snapback]69880[/snapback]
what dns servers are u using guys? try the opendns ones... they seem to work awesome for me. the server uptime has been excellent. i really have not seen any downtime since the last 2-3 days ever since i moved onto it. 😕
[/b]
My ISPs, i noticed that same err msg a cpl days ago, no more resources for this site etc.

Everything has been working fine to date cept for the last few days there were a few hiccups.

I've always used my ISPs ones to date, have not found a valid reason to date not to.

most sites you guys would be visiting just don't move around from server to server needing a change in their nameservers thus requiring u to have updated dns servers. 😛

QUOTE(Admin @ Nov 29 2006, 03:22 PM) [snapback]69882[/snapback]
it's now hosted on a server with just 4 sites running on it... expensive 🙁
[/b]

How much do you have to pay for that? I guess a server itself would cost $100 per month. That would take hosting costs close to $50 😱 if you include costs for keeping the server running.

i am paying a bit more than that for the server though my friend managed to get a great deal for a managed dedicated server. i might shift over to that company for their solutions once i see how good they actually are... currently, i am just concerned that the sites should stay functional no matter what the costs are.

There is some prob with the server.... Site is loading very slow, not working with airtel dns like 202.56.215.6 and 202.56.230.6....I have to change tht to 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 (redif.com is not working on 4.2.xx dns ) ..... Sometime while browsing it seems ok and the next moment it goes very slow.... at one instance it was asking me to download the php page 🙂

Yeah. Din't load for me for like the past 4-5 days. Whats happening?

Not workinh here using any DNS.....it was earlier working using anonymouse.org , now that also is no working....Currently using hidemyass.com

Finally this site opened today evening after one week for me!! and i didnt use any of that opendns stuff.I hope this site does away with open dns bla bla.

I cant access the site with airtel dns servers, to access the site I changed my secondary dns server to 4.2.2.1, I am still using airtel as my primary dns server.