Formula-1 News and Updates

Hamilton tops Rosberg and Ferraris in FP2 Hamilton tops Rosberg and Ferraris in FP2

AMG to build hypercar with Mercedes F1 engine AMG to build hypercar with Mercedes F1 engine

Raikkonen hits back at Ferrari critics Raikkonen hits back at Ferrari critics

Alonso: 30-place grid penalty part of the plan Alonso: 30-place grid penalty part of the plan

Ricciardo: Verstappen has made me up my game Ricciardo: Verstappen has made me up my game

Rosberg still refusing to dwell on title chances Rosberg still refusing to dwell on title chances

Hamilton: Form dip won't change approach Hamilton: Form dip won't change approach

Haas rules out signing Leclerc for 2017 Haas rules out signing Leclerc for 2017

Vettel will never write off Ferrari in 2016 Vettel will never write off Ferrari in 2016

Button: 'Unbelievable' to have reached 300th race Button: 'Unbelievable' to have reached 300th race

Gutierrez gives his side of the blue flag debate Gutierrez gives his side of the blue flag debate

Perez wants Force India resolution soon Perez wants Force India resolution soon

Force India officially confirms Perez for 2017 Force India officially confirms Perez for 2017

Hamilton feels "higher power" is intervening Hamilton feels

Haas fined for Gutierrez's loose wheel Haas fined for Gutierrez's loose wheel

Alonso: 7th no reason to ring the church bells Alonso: 7th no reason to ring the church bells

Wolff calls Rosberg penalty 'complete nonsense' Wolff calls Rosberg penalty 'complete nonsense'

Wolff: Hamilton allowed to question Merc over engine Wolff: Hamilton allowed to question Merc over engine

Driver reaction: 2016 Malaysian Grand Prix Driver reaction: 2016 Malaysian Grand Prix

Button bemoans timing of final Virtual Safety Car Button bemoans timing of final Virtual Safety Car

Rosberg: I know how Hamilton is feeling Rosberg: I know how Hamilton is feeling

Hamilton's power unit paranoia doesn't help anyone Hamilton's power unit paranoia doesn't help anyone

Vettel hit with three-place Suzuka grid penalty Vettel hit with three-place Suzuka grid penalty

Podium victims give Ricciardo shoey a mixed response Podium victims give Ricciardo shoey a mixed response

Verstappen: No team orders at play in final laps Verstappen: No team orders at play in final laps

Verstappen: No team orders at play in final laps Verstappen: No team orders at play in final laps

Rosberg: Vettel 'out of control' at Turn 1 Rosberg: Vettel 'out of control' at Turn 1

Ricciardo dedicates Malaysian GP win to Bianchi Ricciardo dedicates Malaysian GP win to Bianchi

'Very upset' Lauda: No conspiracy against Lewis 'Very upset' Lauda: No conspiracy against Lewis

Malaysian Grand Prix: Story of the race Malaysian Grand Prix: Story of the race

Hamilton on failure: Something doesn't seem right Hamilton on failure: Something doesn't seem right

Ricciardo wins dramatic Malaysian GP, Hamilton's engine fails Ricciardo wins dramatic Malaysian GP, Hamilton's engine fails

Vettel insists Turn 1 clash was racing incident Vettel insists Turn 1 clash was racing incident

Hamilton retires from lead with engine failure Hamilton retires from lead with engine failure

He is just 31. He won his first F1 championship earlier this week. And his retirement has opened up the top driver's slot in Formula-1 next year. I assume the driver replacing him would get the Number 1 car?

Nico Rosberg retires: World champion quits Formula 1 five days after title win

And since he announced his retirement so late... All the top drivers are probably looking to get out of their existing contracts to get his seat. A lot of folks on reddit were talking about how Alonso would be cursing on his agent lol.

After a long long time checked Formula 1 site.

Just realized that Vettel / Alonso have faded (atleast car is not capable)

Nico Rosberg is suddenly on top!! (Never expected this)

And he also retired from Formula 1 (as reigning champion)

Mercedes has out right dominated F1 2016! (won all except 2 races)

Merceded is new Red Bull and Ferrari dominating from 3 years now!! 😀

goiZkiw.png

Not following Formula1 from 2-3 years now but I think it has been long since I saw Ferrari on top.

based on what i read few days ago, ferrari managed to find a loophole in the regulations and that has given them an edge in terms of car design. the same loophole could be exploited by other teams in the coming months that could level the playing field.

Ferrari's F1 Car Already Found The Same Loophole As Mercedes

looks like mercedes is doing something similar.

of course it is just the first race but seems like this year is going to be very competitive.