• Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 5,975

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
was just curious.what would a foreigner have to do to get a mobile phone connection in india?i mean if a visitor is on his own and does not know anyone locally. what options do he has to get a mobile connection for use in india?can he get a connection based on his visa/passport? or he would have to use one on roaming from his home based service provider?

BSNL has launched an instant activation sim for foreigners. Don't know about others.

Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd- Latest News

In Bombay local shops selling SIMs take care of such "petty" things for 200 Rs Extra.

heh i was looking at the legal ways anyways. i guess i would loan my friend a card i would purchase on my name and hope that he would not make terror calls from that card. 😕

right. bus fone kartey rahnaa mummy. 😀

^ The directors of that company should be thrown in jail for that ad!!! :wall:

heh. the ads are totally absurd. the point is not made very clear.i still do not know how the damn thing work. they seem to be working in partnership with hutch. but how does it work?

A friend of mine was over from the UK and just purchased a SIM card from a shop here, he put my address down with different number..done.

ok the newer matrix advertisements are even more absurd. totally insanity on their part...just saw the new bingo ad. god damn it. what they are thinking...

i just remember one ad when reliance was launched,
Sewag ki ma ka phone.that was funny.

ummm ... isn't there an option on the form for new connection for 'nationality'??.. i think i remember seeing it.and also i have seen foreigners buying connections at the international airport... don't know on the basis of which documents though .. (airtel has a kiosk inside the arrival terminal)