Folderlock

• Thread starter Thread starter arun.aak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 2,615

arun.aak

HiOne of my friends said that using folder lock may harm your computer,it may corrupt the address location................ is it correct !!!!!!!if so can you advice any other software like that....................

Well ..I'd say use NTFS partitions and file permissions for such security.

QUOTE(aniketvb @ Aug 22 2006, 01:02 PM) [snapback]59431[/snapback]
Well ..I'd say use NTFS partitions and file permissions for such security.
[/b]

it means all drives will be ntfs or only c drive

well, i just started using it 4 days back. till now i didn't have any problem. its really secure, i think because nothing works out to decrypt the file/folder. and i use NTFS.

but keep in mind one thing before u convert to ntfs that u cannot shift back to FAT32 without formatting that drive. Also i wud say the best encyrption s/w is Cryptainer LE/PE/ME (LE is freeware while PE & ME are paid versions).

well, i just noticed. my windows crashed today and i reinstalled it. and now whatever folders i had locked with folder lock have appeared again. so the lock is opened as soon as the software is deleted. 🙁

and i locked some folders with ntfs powered security and after reinstallation i just could not find a way to access the content of those folders. 😛

QUOTE(Sushubh @ Aug 26 2006, 11:37 PM) [snapback]60133[/snapback]
and i locked some folders with ntfs powered security and after reinstallation i just could not find a way to access the content of those folders. 😛[/b]
Just take ownership of files!

I've described in detail below:
1. ensure you're logged in with admin rights.
2. Folder options >> remove tickmark from "Use simple file sharing"
3. Now right-click your locked folder, go to properties, Security tab.
4. Click "Advanced" at bottom of window, go to "Owner" tab.
5. Choose username, click Apply to take ownership & then change any permissions you want.
🙂

QUOTE(Sushubh @ Aug 27 2006, 06:17 AM) [snapback]60155[/snapback]
what if i have also encrypted them using ntfs?
[/b]

Download a few gigs of NTLM hashes, then a password recovery software can try recovering the key without computing every key.