HiOne of my friends said that using folder lock may harm your computer,it may corrupt the address location................ is it correct !!!!!!!if so can you advice any other software like that....................
but keep in mind one thing before u convert to ntfs that u cannot shift back to FAT32 without formatting that drive. Also i wud say the best encyrption s/w is Cryptainer LE/PE/ME (LE is freeware while PE & ME are paid versions).
well, i just noticed. my windows crashed today and i reinstalled it. and now whatever folders i had locked with folder lock have appeared again. so the lock is opened as soon as the software is deleted.
QUOTE(Sushubh @ Aug 26 2006, 11:37 PM) [snapback]60133[/snapback]
and i locked some folders with ntfs powered security and after reinstallation i just could not find a way to access the content of those folders. [/b]
Just take ownership of files!
I've described in detail below:
1. ensure you're logged in with admin rights.
2. Folder options >> remove tickmark from "Use simple file sharing"
3. Now right-click your locked folder, go to properties, Security tab.
4. Click "Advanced" at bottom of window, go to "Owner" tab.
5. Choose username, click Apply to take ownership & then change any permissions you want.