Fodder Scam Updates

mhsabir

Xclusive
Staff member
ISP
Airtel & Hathway
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/rjd-chief-lalu-prasad-convicted-in-fodder-scam-case-sent-to-ranchi-jail/425403-37-64.html
Lalu Prasad, the maverick Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) supremo and former Bihar chief minister, and 44 others has been convicted by a special Central Bureau of India (CBI) court in Ranchi in one of the cases - RC 20 A/96 - of the multi-crore fodder scam on Monday. Lalu has been convicted of corruption, criminal conspiracy and cheating and the sentencing will take place on October 3. The 44 convicts include former Bihar chief minister and Congress leader Jagannath Mishra, six politicians and four Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officers.
There were a total of 56 accused in the case. But during the trial, seven accused died, two turned approver, one admitted to the crime and one was discharged. Lalu and Jagannath are accused in a total of five fodder scam cases. Lalu quit as Bihar chief minister on July 25, 1997 when his name figured in the CBI investigations in the scam, which surfaced in 1996. After stepping down, he rather surprising pulled his wife Rabri Devi out of the "chowka" (kitchen) and made her the chief minister and continued to rule through proxy.

ashish

Addicts
I got banned!
ISP
HNS
the hurried ordinance was to protect lalloo, until congress at the end moment realized the the president will not sign it so easily so better to go with nitish and ditch the ordinance and lalloo, hence the orchestrated drama by pappu to fool the people.

ashish

Addicts
I got banned!
ISP
HNS
well he is not a total rubber stamp like patil. he too will protect his legacy and make sure it is not tarnished like patil.
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/president-not-convinced-on-need-for-ordinance-consults-legal-experts/425012-37-64.html
he was already consulting legal experts and had called home minister and law minister. must have conveyed to them coz after that the outburst from pappu came.
http://zeenews.india.com/news/nation/president-calls-ministers-for-consultation-on-ordinance-issue_879485.html

varun120

Cult of Personality
ISP
Fivenet/1&1
Pranab mukherji has a little self respect, unlike Robot Singh (aka nonsense). The biggest reason for making pranab the president is that he was the next pm candidate after nonsense Singh. Thus, pranab was made president eliminating the biggest hurdle in pappu's way. Being a president means end of your political career.But, I beg to differ, pranab wouldn' t have disagreed to that ordinance. That ordinance was condemned by public at large, so to save the face of Congress, improve the image of Amul baby they did all that drama. The pm has lost all the credibility, so a little addition to that wouldn't make a diffence. They would have already told Manmohan about the drama that was going to happen. And Manmohan would be like "Jo Soniyaji kahengi wo main karunga"

ISP
airtel
well he is not a total rubber stamp like patil. he too will protect his legacy and make sure it is not tarnished like patil.http://ibnlive.in.com/news/president-not-convinced-on-need-for-ordinance-consults-legal-experts/425012-37-64.htmlhe was already consulting legal experts and had called home minister and law minister. must have conveyed to them coz after that the outburst from pappu came.http://zeenews.india.com/news/nation/president-calls-ministers-for-consultation-on-ordinance-issue_879485.html
The reason he was made president by snatching FM post was because he was not letting himself being manipulated by others like chidambaram, and there was nothing against him as such that he could be sacked and left humiliated without any job, he was still respected. That's why he was made president as there was no alternative to make him leave his FM job but for a higher authority respectable job of a President

ashish

Addicts
I got banned!
ISP
HNS
speaker for only 1 year? in 2014 there will be a new speaker elected, generally it belongs to the party with most Mp's or it's allies. and i don't see congress being the single largest party or forming upa-3.
at the most if congress is lucky it can support a third front like it did in 1996-1998

ashish

Addicts
I got banned!
ISP
HNS
chromaniac said:
Hehe. USA ka Ambassador bana dete.
Any post apart from PM or prez would have been too low for his political stature. afterall he was pm in waiting since 1984 when rajiv took over him.

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
I remember reading a book from a very senior level bureaucrat after he retired... The book was very critical of Pranab. It basically showed him as a very egoistic man who used to claim that he was more powerful than Indira Gandhi when they went on international tours.

ashish

Addicts
I got banned!
ISP
HNS
That's why gandhi family never made him PM, they wanted a PM to be a servant, to obey their orders. probably why chidu had planted bugs in his office to remove him as FM ASAP.

varun120

Cult of Personality
ISP
Fivenet/1&1
Ashish said:
That's why gandhi family never made him PM, they wanted a PM to be a servant, to obey their orders. probably why chidu had planted bugs in his office to remove him as FM ASAP.
Exactly. That's what I was saying.

mhsabir

Xclusive
Staff member
ISP
Airtel & Hathway
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/fodder-scam-convict-lalu-gets-bail-from-sc-but-cant-contest-polls/439341-3-232.html
The Supreme court on Friday granted bail to Rashtriya Janata Dal chief Lalu Prasad on Friday. Lalu was lodged in Birsa Munda jail in Ranchi after he has been convicted in the fodder scam case and sentenced to five years.The apex court granted Lalu bail on three grounds. First one was the principle of parity as 37 other convicts were granted bail.Secondly, Lalu has already served one year out of five years' sentence. Thirdly, the conditions imposed on Lalu will be decided by the trial court.