FM radio stations study

krunalgandhi

ISP
bsnl broadband
hi, I am a network administrator and i work in an ISP firm. I want to work in an Fm radio station. IS there any particular degree/diploma course? (anywhere in india).thanks

could you elaborate if you are interested in programming
side ( scripting , voicing ... ) or technical side ...

if you are interested in becoming announcer/anchor then
All India Radio has a course in collaboration with IGNOU . if you
are interested in this course then please contact nearest station
of All India Radio . news article link

just for information : pdf file Link

similar course is available at major cities by recognized institutes .

In Delhi a number of training institutes have mushroomed, who train (or so they claim) you in the technology. They offer all sort of courses. For Anchors, RJ aspirants, as well as technical side. Buy a copy of or ask a friend of your to send you some cuttings of a Delhi newspaper (TOI, HT).~ Ranjeet Rain

i went to one of them named ARM... academy of radio management... 🙂

Pls share your experience there for everyone's knowledge 🙂

ARM- Academy of Radio Management.........now thats a good one..:hysterical:

i have been to Academy of Radio Management. the name was pretty funny at that time as well.

:huh:is it possible to get radio fm channels in vellore district tirupattur.. tamilnadu... when will it happen ..???? will it happen.. when technology will spread...????

I live in Siliguri, West Bengal. I wanted to run my own FM station. Its coverage is not that long. Say i will be beaming air to air 1km radius from my station. Its just a modification that i have done to a Transmitter. So my query is that do i have to have a licnese for that and if yes where will i obtain and how.I am just a student in College. Hoping to get a fast response. Thanks

hi raikut, i dont know if you can host an Fm radio station just like that. this is not USA or some advanced EU nation like germany, there you dont require much of knowledge except you need to pass your ham radio station. try the ametuer ham radio course and when you do it? you will get your own call sign and with that you will get your assigned frequency. and i am sure with it you can run your HAM radio. but this is different and its very different when it comes to FM you will be given in some 90+ to 120+ Mhz frequency and if i am right you need to spend a huge licence for the radio spectrum. and second? the tower must not be less than 5 mts from the roof and second you cannot bypass the major essential service frequency. if you know how EM works then you know you must not violate into a few specific frequencies viz military and air space and air towers and tv and police and ambulance and many more like defence and law and order related and if i recall correctly your wave must not have a wattage more than 4 watt. its not the money? you need to do LOADS of research, dont do things in a hurry. think think and then you might not blink blink at all else you may blink blink and blink and blink because you didnt think think. and if you are a ametuer HAM call sign holder then you know you got your own frequency and also then you can get a KU or other antennas and then ask your friends to connect to your radio via TCP/IP radio frequency which is unrestricted is 2.4 ghz which is ISM which is free REST costs HIGH money spendage. anyway i am not sure that much, you need to do the rest of research else contact "door sanchar vibhagh" or "dept of communication" ministry office they will give a better answer than any of us if i can say well.-paul

why dont u start ur own ILLeagal radio station someone in Bihar in Bhagalpur Dist. started his own radio station its not the big thing u must know some basic electronics i made small project of FM transmitter capable of transmitting signal upto a small range

why dont u start ur own ILLeagal radio station someone in Bihar in Bhagalpur Dist. started his own radio station its not the big thing u must know some basic electronics
i made small project of FM transmitter capable of transmitting signal upto a small range

When you broadcast in the FM broadcast BAnd ,anyone tuning to your
B/C will report to Police , if the contents are offensive.
Being FM the area for search is also very limited.
There is a Monitoring Wing in D.O.T who have portable mobile eqpt
to track illegal transmissions.

FM B/C kits power upto 100 milliwatts with a short antenna do not need a license.

For Instance Power upto 50 Watts are allowed to Licensed Amateur Wireless operator's in the FM band 144 to 146 MHz.
( now not very popular due to cellphone usage )