• Thread starter Thread starter StillWaters
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 4,240

StillWaters

ISP
Airtel 1Mbps@1699
Hi Guys,

Wanted to share my horrible experience with Flipkart and their high handed response to the issues faced.

We purchased a phone during App Days Deal, which Flipkart auto cancelled giving undeliverable excuse and refused to reinstate the order. Instead asked us to re-order the phone, which was now at increased price.

Last week of June, Flipkart had some App only deals, during which I helped my wife buy a Lumia 640 phone with the exchange offer. I had planned to gift her something, so had bought a Flipkart Gift Voucher for her, which she used to make the purchase.

We faced problem ordering the phone to Noida, as it was not showing delivery there. So we ordered using her Delhi office address on 24th June. We got the message that order will be delivered by 27th. However, the phone was ready for delivery next day morning (25th) itself. Since we needed time to backup the phone to be exchanged, we requested the delivery guy to deliver another day. Next day, she called up the courier in the morning and asked if he can deliver on Monday, 29th June instead. He was ok with it and agreed.

On Saturday, 27th we got a message from Flipkart out of blue that they tried delivering it 3 times and could not reach us, so they have cancelled the order and refunded the amount to the GV. This cancellation was done without asking us or taking our permission, when we had already discussed for a later delivery with their delivery guy.

I have been chasing after Flipkart for 2 weeks now to either get the order delivered, or let us order again at same price, but they are not at all budging and want us to order at the full price now. I have no desire to ever do any business with Flipkart, so I asked them to refund my Gift Voucher back to my Credit Card, to which also they flat out refused saying that their policy does not allow that.

So essentially my money is now stuck in a Flipkart voucher which they refuse to refund back to my card. They have washed their hands off the issue saying that from their side they have processed the refund. They fully know that Flipkart Gift voucher means money is already with Flipkart.

Truly horrible experience even after tweeting Sachin Bansal, their CEO. They have no inclination whatever to helps resolve this matter.

Based on a twitter search, this has happened to multiple other people as well. Flipkart was ina hurry to cancel the offer price orders, essentially baiting and switching. I have decided never to shop with Flipkart again and deactivating my account with them.

Cheers,
StillWaters

I'm sure you've considered all this. But, how much $$$ does the EGV? Is the price difference significant or is the exchange offer no longer on?

I'm sure you've considered all this. But, how much $$$ does the EGV? Is the price difference significant or is the exchange offer no longer on?

Ordered price was 6999 and 50 for phone pickup. Now the price comes to 7549 with exchange. Difference is 500, which may be small but it's their attitude that is disgusting.

Cheers,
StillWaters

Hmm. Order the phone, get your money out and move on, like the most of us have. Really not an ideal solution, but what other option is there?
iirc, @Navjot Singh (or was it a friend of his?) had some major issues with Myntra, I wonder what came of that.

well to be fair, you refused to take the delivery when it was set to deliver. so flipkart never got a confirmation that the product was delivered. probably the delivery people messed up and entered the wrong code in their system or whatever, flipkart system felt that the product was not accepted and they marked it as cancellation. as for the gift card, it has always been non-refundable. and unlike Amazon, it is transferable. so you can basically sell it to anyone who might be planning to make a large purchase on their store. i would have purchased it if it was not based on a code but since it is like a password that anyone can use at any time... and i do not have any plans to make a large purchase from flipkart in the coming days... i cannot... but i am sure you should be able to find some buyer even at face value.

flipkart used to refund to their wallet which is connected to the account. though my recent refunds were processed directly to my card. but if you pay through a gift card, i guess they refund to the gift card coz there is no debit or credit card associated with that payment?

Yo. This happened to me the last time I used an egv to order that Netgear router. After using the EGV, I threw it 😀 and they refunded to that egv only. Took quite a bit of an effort to get a new egv from them. [emoji14]

Yes my friend faced an issue with Myntra. They banned her account without any reason and forfeited 6k worth credits. Asked her to file a Consumer complaint. Not sure what's the current status though.

Use your voucher and clear it out.

Flipkart is certainly starting to get horrible.

in my experience their own eKart is next to pathetic on any product shipped from locations except delhi.
my friend needed mi4i, he ordered on pre-paid thru my account, they took almost a week and shipped it on day they had open
sale for it, still he was patient, phone took almost 10 days to reach him, and later he wanted to change the phone but they
asked him to ship it back to them means no pickup by flipkart.
And there would not be any REFUND on the order, you will get a new handset, so another 20 days of wait in transit both ways.

They said whatever you would pay for return shipping "we'll add it to wallet" but it was scary,
later I brought the phone home and flashed the latest Rom issue seems to be solved.
But the friend lost the love for it, and is sticking with Redmi 1S+Mi3, phone is still with me to play with.

Similarly, I ordered some stuff, and today is 7th day with status "expected at New Delhi hub"
I guess once it would comes back from mars to Delhi, they would re-route it to my city.

All in all, 7 out of last 10 orders were slow as snail on flipkart.

I now try to find stuff on snapdeal and save myself from slowkart.