Flipkart News, User Experiences and Updates

Correct. Large appliances are mandatorily opened by the delivery guys, pictures taken and also shown to us and we need to confirm nothing is broken.

Same happened when I bought a TV few months ago from Flipkart. Hadn't opted for open box delivery and yet they did it.

It's also strange that Flipkart and Amazon haven't invented some form of tamper free packaging for expensive smaller items. Like Zomato was forced to do after that viral video showing one of their riders eating customer's food. I guess it doesn't work well with longer logistical route where the package passes through multiple hands. This has been going on for so long now, I guess they have tested out every possible thing.

They do have tamper evident packaging but it is only limited to high value but small size item. But the size of bag should fit for the phone.
If you order ram costing upwards of 10K, usually it is delivered in tamper evident packaging. The outer bag has a serial number which is communicated to the customer through email and app. You need to provide OTP while receiving such packages.

From my point of view, these type of incidents are very less. Also, this helps them weed out delivery boys and customers who are not suitable for their platform. In most of the cases, the customer and delivery boy collude to execute something like this. From the video itself, I do not see the customer opening a seal of the box or something. He opened it from side which was odd.

i bought on 4th and all products delivered may be area specific problem delhi has nearby goregaun warehouse no prob here

open box delivery is there for phones too it is location specific btw saw many ss on telegram grps there ppl choose open box delivery , prob is people waited whole year for this sale and if soap comes out fk will give you refund not product which is sad

So here goes my latest experience with FK:
Bought a 65in iFalcon TV (TCL sub-brand) with extended warranty of 2yrs in Jan 2019. That piece stopped working on 1st Oct 2021(still under extended warranty). Extended warranty is provided by Jeeves (Flipkart company). Complained to Jeeves on the same day and technician arrived on 3rd Oct. He cleaned the TV and told me it will be going to their service center and the pickup will be done in 2-3 days. Since then no one came to pickup. Jeeves has no escalation matrix and their standard reply is "It will take 14 days to fix it."

Since I was not getting any response from Jeeves, I pinged FK on twitter and they responded asking for my claim ID. After about 2 days (9th Oct) they said seller is ready to provide me refund of 70% of the purchase value as it cannot be repaired. They did not even try to fix it. Their EW states 30% depreciation in second year. Since there was no other option, I accepted it and provided the bank details. Was promised a refund in 24 hours.

Since then I have been following up with them and their standard reply is "we are working on it". Just got a call from the social media team that seller told them, delay in refund is due to festive holidays and asked for 48hrs more. I just wanted to bang my head. WTF festive holidays?

Lesson learnt. Never make any high value purchase from FK. Went to croma to check out my options for new TV and to my surprise their EW does not have any depreciation. If unrepairable or unable to replace, they will provide GC of 100% value.

Iqlsodl.png

How cute 🙄

Had 2 deliveries from Flipkart today. Both seem OK as of now. But I agree with you about
Lesson learnt. Never make any high value purchase from FK.
I will also be doing the rounds of Croma, Reliance Digital, Sales (only because it v close by. Basically window shopping) for tv's. After my printer experience that too before the sale started.

Reliance Digital tends to add 1000rs in their invoice for a "free extended warranty" which is supported only by them. Noticed this when we bought our washing machine from them. And they don't contact the company guy either for installation or demo. They sent their own guy who was in so much hurry, he barely explained or answered any question.

But in Croma's case, installation and warranty both are services by the manufacturer. Still you have added protection.