Flipkart Flyte Music Store Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 543
  • Views Views 56,263
I meant that instead of first downloading & then uploading......shudnt there be a way wherein u can directly obtain rights & transfer that content to Google Music?

If you purchase songs from Google Music, it is automatically added to your Google Music account. Flipkart is unlikely to offer a digital locker like Google Music. At least for the time being from what I saw. Maybe in the future they might add a streaming option as well. I do not see that happening for a long time now. Since, I rely on Google Music for all my listening needs, that is my plan. Purchase songs from Flipkart and upload them to Google Music.

I would've been very excited about it a year ago. But since then, I've switched to streaming sites like saavn.com and gaana.comSent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

its been taken down again. came for a short time while back.

their faqs are pretty detailed. 99% of songs are available in 320kbps. by default it would download 128kbps versions. though you can specifically ask to download the higher quality version. only four downloads per songs are available. did you use their download manager?

nope. downloaded using the browser only. there was a drop down with 64/128/320 kbps options.

Whats the reason for only 4 downloads/song? Does itunes have restrictions like these?

Apple itunes i believe requires you to authenticate your computer to download your song tracks. you have to deauthorize a machine before you can authorize another one. i think they do allow 3 machines connected to a single account. hard to say.

the fact remains, the limitations are being enforced by the music labels. flipkart is bound by the terms and conditions.

----------

Digital Audio Access Protocol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

----------

Google Music has similar restrictions. You can download your songs from the website only two times. But you do get the ability to download tracks on an authorized machine using the Google Music Manager. Though they do not allow single downloads through the desktop app. You have to download your entire library.