Fivenet users in Grant Road, Tardeo, Nana Chowk please comment!

• Thread starter Thread starter frankmehta
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 52
  • Views Views 19,202

frankmehta

Frank Mehta
ISP
Sify Broadband
Hi there. I am SICK of MTNL's constant line troubles and intend to get Fivenet.
I have been offered Rs. 1800 for a month of 10 mbps internet.
A couple of questions:
1. Network maintenance by Ahura broadband. How is it?
2. What is the average speed that one gets?? I know 10 mbps is not possible.
3. Does the HUB work with a wireless router?
4. How is the downtime scenario????
5. Is it worth throwing MTNL and going in for Fivenet JUST for the stability and security of not having to deal with BABUS and the like??

2) from what i have seen it is usually around 6-8mbps3)yes. but if u have a old router then u will probably not get the full speed. on a wired line i get abt 80-88 mbps. on wireless it drops to 40-504)downtime is pretty much nonexistent5)i use mtnl as a backup line. just in case.

Damn, you guys have it good. Here in mulund, we have the shittiest local cable wala that provides fivenet's services. BTW, i had paid 7k for 12 months for 10mbps, thats before they hiked up their rates. Though, i could only squeeze out 350 kBps down, that's when everything's working fine.

from wat i have read on the hub its awful beyond city limits. esp. in navi mumbai.

Damn... Just after ordering Fivenet, MTNL is working flawlessly. LOL

^ matter of time dude. mtnl will not disappoint u !!! :lol: they will screw up again.!

no fup. most ppl end up using the hub for downloads. so actual usage is usually very low.

I am mostly going to be on Fivenet from tomorrow onwards.Just a couple of questions.1. How much is the download speed on the hub?2. I am going to be connecting my router to the main line and using internet wirelessly. Anything wrong? Any issues with the hub?? Speed drops??

1) for most movies/songs/ tv shows(english ones) u shud get abt 8-11 mbps(70-90 mbits). for weird stuff it will be slow.2) depending on wireless router u shud get mostly 3-4 mbps. if u want to make the most of the hub go wired. i mean use a wireline from the router to pc. auto disconnection happens aftr 2 gb download. if u use a router set to autoconnect it will autoconnect within a second. almost seamless.

he won't. the hub is private. not owned by 5net. there are youtube videos and a blog for 5net hub for new users. plus if u can't downlaod or if ur having problems in the hub ask around. ppl will help u thru teamviewer.