Fivenet New Diwali Plan Rs. 9999 for 1 Year, Upto 10 Mbps speed Select Subscribers Only

• Thread starter Thread starter Jaymin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 248
  • Views Views 60,985

Jaymin

A Big Fan of IBF
ISP
Reliance Wired Line
Hey friends, has anyone taken this new plan offered by Fivenet? Are there any hidden charges involved??Because when we see the other Unlimited plans by them - 1 Mbps plan is offered for Rs. 4900 Odd per annum.....But this 1 is a shocker - UPTO 10 Mbps for just Rs. 6000 odd!! Can anyone guide on the correctness of this claim?

There has been "word on the street" that this is indeed available as a Diwali offer, and it is posted on their website.

What you need to realize is that speed doesn't cost: gigabytes do. Their network already provides up to 100mbit/s between users, so 10mbit/s is no problem, and the difference in actual usage between a 1 or 2mbit/s user instead of a 10mbit/s user really isn't that much.

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

Additionally, the more bandwidth they buy, the more they save. Since they seem to have about 6 STMs lit at the moment, their pricing must be similar to mine, but I know when they reach 16 STMs or so, the price per STM goes down quite significantly, so maybe they are figuring that if they create the demand, then they will buy the necessary bandwidth (if they haven't already) to satisfy it.

i am from kerala. how to find is this available in kerala. please send me the fivenet home page link. i didnt find it.

i am from kerala. how to find is this available in kerala.
please send me the fivenet home page link. i didnt find it.

They only operate in Mumbai, it's not available in Kerala.

Carley....Thanks for your advice!! I really need to think on this seriously then.....and yes, i read about your services as well - i really hope to see the kind of pricing that you had mentioned in 1 of your posts......i will be surely one of the first customers to jump on to it!!All the best with your future plans.....may you succeed in your mission to bring a Broadband revolution in India, and save us from the clutches of MTNL, and Airtel and what not!!

They only operate in Mumbai, it's not available in Kerala.

hmmm very sad.....

^^^^i have to be sad even though i am in Mumbai.....coz its still quite a distance away from my residence - can take months to reach me!!

Rs.6000 p.a. + local maintainance charges........Don't know how much SSV will charge FiveNet users from Navi Mumbai....I think speed should be at least 80% i.e. 8 mbps.That is quite good....Practically, its 8mbps for Rs.500 + Local Maintainance Charges per month 😀

^^^^
i have to be sad even though i am in Mumbai.....coz its still quite a distance away from my residence - can take months to reach me!!

Where in Mumbai are you?

Rs.6000 p.a. + local maintainance charges........
Don't know how much SSV will charge FiveNet users from Navi Mumbai....

I think speed should be at least 80% i.e. 8 mbps.
That is quite good....
Practically, its 8mbps for Rs.500 + Local Maintainance Charges per month 😀

As I've mentioned: speed doesn't really cost.

Let's assume they need to charge Rs10 per GB of off-net traffic (50GB) - it doesn't matter whether this is delivered at 1, 2 or 10mbit/s: so if users are using an average of 50GB of off-net traffic a month (and considering the usage they must see with their DC++ users, that could be likely), then they're in the black.

But it really goes to show you that if they can do it, Airtel etc should be able to as well!!

CarleyI am in Borivali, Mumbai. And the area in which i live, is one of the major, well-known ones......its about 12 minutes walking from the nearest Railway station - so you can imagine it can be an important area!!I really hope that either they reach us fast, or you can reach us fast with similar costing!!

Carley
I am in Borivali, Mumbai. And the area in which i live, is one of the major, well-known ones......its about 12 minutes walking from the nearest Railway station - so you can imagine it can be an important area!!

I really hope that either they reach us fast, or you can reach us fast with similar costing!!

Costing we will have to see. Keep in mind that the price offered here is a Diwali promotional price for subscribers who join (or change plans) during Diwali, not a standard price - and additionally, you will need to pay tax and your cablewala on top of that.

If we could make that price work at present, we would, but ours will always appear higher since you don't have to pay any cablewala or taxes separately.

Maybe in Diwali 2011 we might be able to offer something like 100mbit/s flat-rate for something like Rs10k/year in a similar sort of promotion. Or maybe even in Holi. Or Ganpati. Or any number of festivals 😀

Yeah i can understand that margin by the local cablewallah.....depending upon the type of plans offered, and your reliability, some premium would be acceptable. I am just waiting for the official plan announcements from your side, to make comparisons......in fact due to all this air of uncertainty, i have opted for Reliance as a makeshift option, and that too, not a very costly one.As it is i know that i am gonna shift to your service, or 5net or the like whenever i get....so not investing much in others now!!Btw, when u mention 100mbit/s, for 10k a year, just as an estimate, can you tell me what could be the 'FUP' limit - or no limit??

Yeah i can understand that margin by the local cablewallah.....depending upon the type of plans offered, and your reliability, some premium would be acceptable. I am just waiting for the official plan announcements from your side, to make comparisons......in fact due to all this air of uncertainty, i have opted for Reliance as a makeshift option, and that too, not a very costly one.
As it is i know that i am gonna shift to your service, or 5net or the like whenever i get....so not investing much in others now!!

You should ask FiveNet if they have a "channel partner" in Borivili.

Btw, when u mention 100mbit/s, for 10k a year, just as an estimate, can you tell me what could be the 'FUP' limit - or no limit??

If it were a Diwali offer, we'd expect that only a "small" number of people would actually take up the offer - and by next Diwali we'd hope to be buying so much bandwidth that we wouldn't have to worry about an FUP. But we'll see what the situation is like in a year.

Any chances of reaching Mira Road ?

Fivenet you'd have to ask, for us we're aiming for 100% coverage of built-up areas except where it is literally impossible for us to do so (Kandivili W, Sion and Juhu/7 Bungalows seem to be off and on as to whether these are possible or not).