Fitness Tracker/Smart Watch

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 633
ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
I have been using a chronograph and its strap got broken.

Wondering if switching to a smart watch makes sense? I am not sure if I am ready for the change.

My requirements are to check time and track physical activity. I am not too sure if I am ready to receive push notifications on my wrist yet.

Do people get a little overwhelmed when they receive notifications without even trying?

Last edited:
I was pretty happy with the notifications on the pebble watch. Especially otps for online payments and such.

Upvote 0
I am using the Amazfit GTS 2e. Works quite well. Has a lot of functions for tracking physical activity. Has heart rate and Sp02 measurement as well. Has Alexa support as well

Upvote 0
as for the model... amazfits products are quite nice. @Nishant i believe is very happy with his.
i do not want to a watch for myself. pebble was nice. but it was also small and lightweight. and had a decent battery life.
i would probably get the fitbit charge 5 if it lands in india.

Upvote 0
just check the battery life before you buy. Most of the ones with full google wear or tizen os have very poor battery life. I had a Galaxy Active before this and battery barely lasted 3 days

Upvote 0
i have a feeling fitbit charge is not with wearos despite google ownership. they are probably still using their own os.

but yeah... official battery life is still stated at 7 days. and with all features enabled, it probably won't last for 24 hours.

Upvote 0
The Amazfit Pace that I had bought back in 2017 still works. Gives approx 3 days battery life per charge.

Currently using Amazfit GTR (bought back in September 2019) that gives around 7 days backup per charge with always-on display and 24/7 heart rate monitoring.

There's no way I'm touching a smartwatch that cannot give atleast 5 days battery per charge.

Upvote 0
It’s their own custom os. You can’t install any apps etc. Battery life does last 15-20 days for me which is the only thing I wanted

Upvote 0
@Nishant Long term experience of Amazfit GTR?
Does what I need. My smartwatch journey started with the Pebble and that only thing I miss from it is the Quick Reply to messages.

I do not use their official app Zepp but instead use a third party app called Notify for Amazfit and it does have a workaround for quick replies but it is too cumbersome.

Both Amazfit Pace and GTR has been pretty good for my needs.

Upvote 0