• Thread starter Thread starter yuri999
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 5,062

yuri999

Regular
ISP
Airtel BB 1699
Hi guysWhile I am free for the entire month my family only has free time from 11-20 out of which 7 days will be used for our trip. So I really need some good suggestions guys.... only thing is that the place can't be too far away that the trip takes like half a day or something. That means UK/USA is out of the question. So guys... any good suggestions?Thanks

Budget? Since this is your first trip abroad, i'd suggest you visit any two countries out of Singapore/Malaysia/Thailand.

There aren't any price restraints thankfully.... only thing is that we can't go the US/UK. So S/M/T? Which is the best place to spend a week out of all of these places. We are vegetarians btw. I hope we won't have to survive only on rice :icon_rofl:

Well It also depends on what type of trip u want? Do u want a relaxing trip where u dont move around a lot or a trip where u get to see a lot of places... If u want a VFM trip where u get to see a lot of stuff a trip from a travel company like Raj travels or thomas cook would be better coz u dont have to do anything other than pay them & show up & they will arrange all the rest...For this option Singapore/Malaysia/Thailand trip would be good & they come in a nice budget package too... If u want a relaxing leisure trip then Mauritius might be a better option... This u might be better off just planing ur self using online travel website to book a nice resort by the beach & have a nice relaxing week... Take a trip with a bit of purpose in mind... Either to explore a new country or to just get away from the stress of day to day life & rejuvenate 🙂 ...

Since you are going with family, a week's trip to Singapore and Malaysia should be good. 3 days in Singapore, 3 in Malaysia, and 1 day for travel. For what you can do, check out the itineraries on travel websites like ezeego, Cleartrip, makemytrip and thomascook. They have more or less the same set of things to do

Well everyone here wants to have a nice trip where we visit a lotta places. What you say makes a lot of sense and I frankly have been bored of lazing around at home in front of the computer! Thanks rajdeep!Edit: Great timing agantuk! 😀 Okay so Malaysia and Singapore. So I should remove Thailand from the equation? We basically want to explore, have fun and shop 😀

Malaysia and Singapore it is then. Go Thailand with your friends, you will end up having more fun 😉 Besides, I don't think Thailand is a one week destination, Singapore and Malaysia being next to each other, give you that flexibility to cover two countries in one go

yuri999, you can safely remove Thailand from your list as you are going on a family trip. Thailand is good for people who are looking for a different type of vacation & fun 😉

LOL r_i! Thanks guys... Malaysia and Singapore it is then!! 😀And if you have any tips/suggestions etc I would gladly listen to them.

Tips / suggestions really depends on your budget. Most comfortable option is to go for one of those packages from one of the operators. Total peace of mind, though that comes at an expense. On the other hand, there is greater flexibility in a DIY trip. If on the latter, you will need to plan well in advance. Say you plan to visit in November / December - the peak seasons - you can plan your travel and stay right away and get great discounts. Looking for discounts is the key here. All this does involve some amount of work, but I think the trip that you eventually make would be more fun than if you tag along with a group.

i was in a spot of bother in one of my trips to UK as one of the family members got injured and we had no insurance..thankfully the emergency services were free and being treated at a govt hospital was a really pleasant experience compared to what we have here..have never travelled without insurance since..