first page of all threads

• Thread starter Thread starter yepp
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 3,829
ISP
susubh dont ban me
Everytime I open a thread it starts from the first page instead of the last unread post

Click on latest page number instead of thread title.

to me unread threads have links that links to the latest post in the thread. other threads point to the first page of the thread.

The recent threads box on the forum index links to the first page of threads

yes. because it is a widget designed to showcase new threads. not supposed to be used for navigation!

I had created this greasemonkey script. I do not know if it will be useful in this case, but you can try.

Code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name     Permanent page numbers
// @include  http*://broadbandforum.co/*
// @grant    GM_addStyle
// ==/UserScript==

GM_addStyle (".discussionListItem .itemPageNav { visibility:visible !important; }");

It shows page numbers in line next to thread title. Then instead of clicking on thread title, click on the last page number

May be you can reverse the thread post ordering? (dont know if xenforo has that feature)

i.e new posts first.

PS: But it may also have side effects. Like if you ask someone to see post no #103 for XYZ thread. For him post #103 will be different

apparently you can use greasemonekey scripts directly on opera. will give yours a try.

but i should not do this in the first place itself. im guessing this problem is a quick fix one?

The code works on "Recent posts" page and any forums "Thread listing".

But it does not work on "Recent thread" section that appears on front page. Because that section does not give "numbered" output.

if any member posts in any thread it gets bumped there, be it a old thread or new. so it actually showcase recent posts not threads

which means it should also navigate to the recent post.

what its use if I can only see the bumped threads but to navigate I have to go through the hoops of forum >subforum > thread > recent post