Firmware?

• Thread starter Thread starter St0le
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 9,057
Originally posted by netfreak@Jan 11 2006, 12:22 AM
Just don't tell them what you did. All you say it, it was working fine till morning... 😉
[snapback]38857[/snapback]
[/quote]

LOL :lol:

ok! i just upgraded the image...it seems to be better..cant really tell...earlier when i was downloading a 4 mb file used to get single Kb increments now i get resonable 3-4 kb increments which i figure is good...anywas only time will tell...thanx netfreak!

Disclaimer: Ok Dont try the below shit if ur scared...try the below shit at your own freakin risk!! dont come crying if your router starts peeing 🙂D) or gets trashed....there is no Gurantee fo the method...DO AT YOUR OWN RISK! NOONE from this forum will be held responsible for ur actions...Peace! 😛

oh! and ppl dont use the telnet method. USE a much easier and cleaner method...
http://teckjoneindia.2plans.com/drivers/D-...T01.ML.20050530

download this file..and in the webinterface gotto "Tools" -> "Firmware"...use the browse button select the file (the above given) ...hit "apply"...go and say "Hi" to your neighbour...by the time u get back the router wwould have restarted...now u can enjoy! ur selves! 😛

make sure u have a UPS to back up if ur power goes..coz else ull just be one big stupid loser!

(again this was netfreaks idea...well the neighbour thing is me to blame!)

Originally posted by St0le@Jan 11 2006, 10:51 AM
...coz else ull just be one big stupid loser!
like you? 😛 Where the hell did you get the idea of using telnet to flash your router? I bet that screwed it up!

eh? where did i say that? i diidnt do anyhting like that? (or i did and im just trying to not look stupid and look kewl for the girls who are reading these posts...which i doubt are intersted in me 🙁)
the telnet method is so stupid , ...im going to wiki and edit the article that point to "the telnet method" and then redirect it to "Stupid"...

haha u Lose ur BET!!...i win..win...so this is how it feels? 😛

im sorry i have to be neurotic!

Originally posted by max@Jan 12 2006, 09:58 PM
Where the hell did you get the idea of using telnet to flash your router?[snapback]39021[/snapback]
[/quote]

D-Link Proggy that comes with Frimware image, updates router with telnet. I think it might be using Kermit/tftp or something similar to upload the image.

but it didnt work...that was my first attempt remmber?ofcoz it might have been a fluke... 😛h34r: 😛h34r: 😛h34r:

i have 21st jan 05 firmware.howz it different from the 30th may upgrade(i mean wats new)can i get it upgraded at D-Link service centre or at mtnl office?free or some charge to upgrade?will i be able to open ports for emule, bitcomet,etc once i upgrade it(the firmware)???please reply!i have 21st jan 05 firmware.howz it different from the 30th may upgrade(i mean wats new)can i get it upgraded at d-link service centre or at mtnl office?free or some charge to upgrade?will i be able to open ports for emule, bitcomet,etc once i upgrade it(the firmware)???please reply!

latest firmware is dated 30.05.2005The old firmware causes the modem to hang and it becomes unusable.New Version is stable.MTNL doesnt upgrade the firmware but they will give u a new Utstar modem should u visit the exchange with an unresponsive DSL 502T.D-Link centre will upgrade it for free. Or u can upgrade it yourself by using utility from dlink india website.U can open ports in the present verison as well.

gone to port forwarding.comsaid that need static ip. friend said mtnl charges for static ip 🙁 used emule port test to check (port=62121) said tcp connection failed!still e2dk network connects but kad does not!wat 2 do?

QUOTE(cyberwiz @ Jun 11 2006, 10:58 PM) [snapback]53799[/snapback]
static Ip means static IP assigned to Lan card not static IP from MTNL
[/b]

Not really. You can get a static IP from MTNL for your DSL connect. This will enable you to connect to your system from outside directly - like hosting a web-server and also to register the IP with a DNS.

You can still connect to your system from outside if you use a DynDNS service. A dyndns uses a piece of software to send the latest IP to a server where you register your domain. Alternatively you can also use software that will mail you your latest IP. 🙂

dowgmac, i am not a noob. Read the post in context of which i have replied. He needs a static IP for portwarding..not for webserver hosting or remote log in. Get it?

QUOTE(cyberwiz @ Jun 12 2006, 10:16 AM) [snapback]53811[/snapback]
dowgmac, i am not a noob. Read the post in context of which i have replied. He needs a static IP for portwarding..not for webserver hosting or remote log in. Get it? static ip page?