Firmware/Upgrade Procedure for HuaweismartaxMt 882

Are u sure u are upgrading using the correct firmware, because upgrading through browser interface should work out fine.

Firmware Upgrade You may upgrade the latest firmware for your ADSL Router to improve functionality and performance. To upgrade the firmware, locate the upgrade file on the local hard drive with the Browse button. Once you have found the file to be used, click the Apply button below to start the firmware upgrade. Do not proceed firmware upgrade unless specifically instructed. Current Firmware Version: V200R001C01B021SP03 Firmware Date: Jun 20 2005

---------------------------

BSNL DataOne Broadband - India Broadband Wiki
1. V100R002B023 [1]
(This is the available update of firmware for MT882 modem - January 2006)

Firmware Upgrade You may upgrade the latest firmware for your ADSL Router to improve functionality and performance. To upgrade the firmware, locate the upgrade file on the local hard drive with the Browse button. Once you have found the file to be used, click the Apply button below to start the firmware upgrade. Do not proceed firmware upgrade unless specifically instructed. Current Firmware Version: V200R001C01B021SP03 Firmware Date: Jun 20 2005

---------------------------

BSNL DataOne Broadband - India Broadband Wiki
1. V100R002B023 [1]
(This is the available update of firmware for MT882 modem - January 2006)

Thanks,
I have got the latest version as you provided but not able to use this file through browser(error: invalid file name) .can you brief the procedure ?

1Where you have stored the UPD, in harddisk? what is the file extn ? *.bin or *.xdslProcedure is open the modem 192.168.1.1 etc go to Firmware UPD page.What I have reproduced is from the modem.2. What is the reason for UPD? 3.Very difficult to get Firmware for Huawei or UTSTAR Smart Ax SERIES, from the web or the company's web site.They tell you to contact your ISP.Para two : if you want reply from me or others just type @essbebe or other. NO point in quoting the whole posting again. you can edit and delete it..

@essbabe

My Current Firmware Version: V200R001C01B021SP03 Firmware Date: Jun 20 2005
I want to update it with V100R002B023.bin
1. From web interface getting "invalid file error".
2. tftp worked ( as per tftp log ) the file has been updated successfully but still getting same firmware.( but get command worked and i have a copy of running firmware in tftp- root folder).

@essbebe1. Me too getting "file not found".2. yead some russian , french and londin based ISP are also dealing with this modem.3. Not much ..somr bugs, DMZ and DDNS Anyway i have got some other way to get DMZ and DDNS.