firmware upgrade for all models by BSNL

• Thread starter Thread starter anirban17aug
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 19,043
Can someone who can access that file download it and upload it on link-removed? I really wanna see what's inside that ZIP file. 😛My modem is hungry for a new firmware.

here it is link-removed: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting , i believe it can be downloaded only 10 times though.. i'll try uploading else where too

Thank you Prashant for taking the trouble.Thanks on behalf of all members here. Will try to download in free NU time tonight.

here it is link-removed: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting , i believe it can be downloaded only 10 times though.. i'll try uploading else where too

Yes, I know there's a 10 download limit. To fix it, transfer that file to a free collectors account or your premium account (if you have any).

Will download this file and try firmware. Let's hope this firmware is genuine. Others please try and reply. Be careful as you might end up with a bricked modem! 😕

Maybe I was too desperate to flash... :rofl:

I flashed the 'UTStarcom Type1 - Mark 2_F45.img' file which was present in the folder named 'BSNL UTStarcom Type1 - Mark 2' and this is what happened:

Before flashing:

After flashing:

Exact error description and observations as posted in this thread: https://broadband.forum/bsnl-broadband/27215-bsnl-broadband-problem-ut300r2u/

The modem was 1.5 years old and I guess, therefore, it's out of warranty. So no point in fighting with babus for a bricked modem.

The good news: I was going to disconnect BSNL forever on Monday, 13th July as BSNL has been my worst nightmare. Goodbye BSNL... Hello Airtel Turbo 1299. 😀

Conclusion: Don't try to fix it if it's not broken!

Conclusion: Don't try to fix it if it's not broken!
Sorry to hear the modem is " Bricked "!
Wish Best of surfing with AIRTEL.
@ superprash2003 please NOTE.

@ichaitanya

Now can you try the FW available in WIKI here. ?

or can you try to salvage the modem ?

can i give the link to an FW upgrade/downgrade application
from command com. Same Beetel 220Bx. Firmware.

As i am not familiar wit LINUX the CFE loader version
is not understood.
As i understand in all modem/s the menu script is
Linux based, and it is a misnomer to call it FW update.
We are "flashing " a new set of access code, deleting or
adding new menu options.
From what I have studied, many Chinese utstar/Airtel/Bsnl/ modems
the the hardware Board is same. ( except Huawei)

Device Info
MIne Beetel 110BX1 ( USB port removed only LAN )
Board ID: 96338L-2M-8M ( add W for wifi model )
Software Version: 3.12L.01.A2pB023k.d20k_rc2 ( In wiki here )
Bootloader (CFE) Version: 1.0.37-0.7

ϵͳ��Ϣ

����汾 V8.24.01.01
������ T2Q-0Q-007 (* FW version IMG or bin file
not usually seen in Device status )
SVN�汾 3.12L.01_India.13 ( *old 3.06 etc )
�������� Wed Apr 16 13:12:33 CST 2008
�̼��汾 3.12L.01.A2pB023k.d20k_rc2 (* what we see in Device status )
CFE �汾 1.0.37-0.7
IP ��ַ 192.168.1.1
MAC ��ַ 00-1e-xx-yy-cc-tt
�������� (Kbps) 519
�������� (Kbps) 2063

Even utstar 3002-G4/Siemens sl2-141 (BSNL), DNA ITI 211-I,
ZXDSL ZTE 531B, have the same board. .

Para two:
Can you please post a list of Firmware updates
for different modems (?)
listed in in this file ? with the versions ?

The thing is that I'm not able to access the modem's gateway after flashing the new firmware. So I can't flash any file. It's bricked. Now I'll need a special flashing cable or something (like we have a special flashing cable to flash Sony Ericsson phones when they're bricked) if available and I have no idea where to get one.Or is there a firmware chip that I can change? I mean just the small chip, not the whole modem. I also have an old Huawei SmartAX MT882. It's firmware is fine but the modem had malfunctioned so I stopped using it. Can we remove it's firmware chip (if any?)The ZIP file contains firmware for 5 different brands of routers.

thanks for sharing your experiences chaitanya , i was about to upgrade the firmware myself 🙂 .. guess i shouldnt!!.. strange that some firmwares meant for that modem screws up the modem..

Stay the hell away from that ZIP file!

Please list the FIVE modems listed in the firmware.zip file.
for "giving statuary" warning to concerned users.
Code:
UPDATE FIRMWARE FROM THIS FILEhttp://files.getdropbox.com/u/904687/firmware.zip etc MAY DAMAGE YOUR MODEM PERMANENTLY!ALSO QUIT SMOKING !!!!

@superprash2003Thanks.If the modem is on rent, BSNL may replace the modem.any time. Or if bought outright within a year.If FW updated resulted in a "Bricked " Modem.File is latest . shows May 2009. will follow up furthercomplaints.