firmware upgrade for all models by BSNL

• Thread starter Thread starter anirban17aug
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 19,044
its been more than a year since i bought this modem , guess i cant get it replaced.. its not a major problem frankly speaking .. it would just be nice if i had virtual server..

Ya, I badly needed that Virtual Server feature. 😕

I'm now a ex-BSNL user. The work order is already out to disconnect my BSNL 'broad'-band connection. I think I'll distribute some sweets now.

i am really sorry that i was the one who created the post and was not there to help as my internet was down as its been raining here.
@ichaitanya ithink you can get your modem changed as had a word with the bsnl people in noida they have problem here with utstarcom wireless routers. all the new router came with the latest firmware and these are the few problem they are facing.
1.cannot access modem through 192.168.1.1
2.if the there is no security on wifi it would work all the time
3.but if you use wpa/psk,wpa2/psk then wifi wont start on its own. you have to go to 192.168.1.1 and do save reboot every time so that your wifi can work.
4.they know the problem is there and are waiting for a new shippment of non faulty router and a new firmware.
5.so i think dont throw away the router keep it for a while.

hope this would help others

----------

sorry missed one thing wep can be used for security and it works all the way.no need to save reboot again and again