FireWalled help !

• Thread starter Thread starter skinless
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 3,702

skinless

hey i m using 48kbps package. till recently there was no firewall implemented in our LANs i guess.. but now that firewall has been installed, many of applications r not connecting. where do i email about this ? the thing is the CTO over here doesnt know anything beyond PING .. yeah thats ryt they dont know what port is ! i m fed up of talking to them now. i stay in kalyan,which is next to mumbai. is there anyone who can tell these ppl to open few gaming ports , P2P ports n few others ? There mentality is only Capped to Yahoo chat n no other work on net ! Help!skinless

skinless this isnt only u problem . Pings are blocked by sify everywhere . Btw what app isnt working for u ?? . did u tried changing port for ur app's .That solves prob mostly for me

Sify and its CTOs behave like some authoritarian Organization or Educational Institution System Administrator who blocks most ports and limits most services.We are paying for our services dammit!

so u are @$$uming they ACCIDENTLY blocked some ports which they would open if you request them?

Originally posted by skinless@Jan 6 2005, 09:26 AM
hey
till recently there was no firewall implemented in our LANs i guess.. but now that firewall has been installed

[snapback]4078[/snapback]
[/quote]

R u sure tht firewall has been installed first confirm tht.and can be more specific about which p2p software & other applications r not workin.Even i live in Mumbai my Cto has also told me tht he has installed firewall but appliocations works fine for me.

Actually, its not firewall i think its ur pack 48kbps will give u max 4-5KBps

well my problems with torrents started in the last couple of days i spent on sify broadband. the CTO specifically told me that Sify installed a firewall on his network to prevent VIRUSES!

Well Sushubh, even my CTO has installed firewall which he clearly stated before i got my connection,But until now im not had ny problem with atleast torrents.

Blocking system ports (139,445,80, even 1433 if needed)are enough for stopping viruses mostly . wtf ping helps in stopping viruses , they even blocked pings . 🙁

i guess their main motive was to block torrents. i was downloading like 600 megs daily from the night only package. 😛

it does. most worms do try to repeatedly ping servers and cause ddos attacks. 😛

I am extremely happy with my Dial Up. No firewalls, pings, viruses (well, some maybe), and mainly no CTOs to deal with. And I thought I was having more problems compared to BroadBand users!I will wait till BSNL releases its Data1 broadband. Till death if necessary... 😛h34r: