firefox fan? lookie lookie! (firemonger)

• Thread starter Thread starter prathapml
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 2,945

prathapml

Agent Smith
ISP
Load balanced, 100Mbit fake poop
http://www.firemonger.org/en/

list of whats in the package
download

The Firemonger project is dedicated to providing an easy to use CD which contains the latest versions of Firefox™ and Thunderbird™, the completely free web browser and email program created by the non-profit Mozilla Foundation. In addition to these amazing products, we've added an excellent selection of plugins, extensions and themes and a comprehensive beginner's guide. In other words, this CD contains everything you need to start up with and get the most out of Firefox™ and Thunderbird™.[/b]
Firemonger 1.5!

After days (and a couple of sleepless nights) of collaboration between all of the dev teams, Firemonger is finally ready for release. Some of the new features include:
Test Drive Firefox - Launch Firefox from Firemonger, without the need for an installation.
Integrated Installations - Launch installations directly from within Firemonger, including Themes and Extensions (Firefox).
Multiple Theme & Extensions install
All content has been revised
Firemonger can check for updates

Firemonger 1.5 comes packaged with:
Firefox 1.5
Thunderbird 1.07
Selected Themes and Extensions
Seleted Plugins (Macromedia® Flash®, Macromedia® Shockwave® and Sun® Java®)
Selected Utilties (Firetune, Backupfox)
Refer to the full list for more details.[/b]
This is pretty good - if you have a neighbour or friend who you KNOW is suffering with IE, give them this CD & let them see for themselves why firefox is good for them!

No more endless convincing, let the action do the talking.

dhokeybaaz!

Why, whats wrong?I am definitely sticking to opera still.This package is to convince the stubborn ones to move out of IE, in the first place - that much itself would be a sufficient achievement even without getting them to use opera. 🙂Atleast let them use a reasonable browser with standards support!

Dont u know.......This site is puppet site for opera..............🙂

1. this is not a puppet site for opera. we just recommend opera over firefox or IE or over AOL Browser for that matter. 2. Opera never said or expect to overtake IE. Beating Firefox should make them enough happy. They are however the market leaders in the mobile browser segment.if you own a small screen device which is capable of running a web browser, you would see how good opera is. mozilla is yet to come out with their minimo. considering the memory requirement of firefox, i have doubts they would have a great success with their mobile based browser running gecko rendering engine.

I feel FF and Opera both have potential to overtake IE but only time will tell. Opera needs to be a less restrictive while FF needs to get a wee bit quicker to load.

Hey I love Firefox never used Opera though!How is Opera on resources? Can I get a neutral view on Opera pl...If its really good over Firefox I would like to give it a try. IE is the worst.

Disclaimer : I do not have any preference for a perticular browser, these are just observations. Opera has better GUI. Not interms of look and feel, but in terms of usability. Mouse gestures are example.Opera caches lots of things. It is both good and Bad. It increasees "perceptible" speed of browsing since pages appers to load faster. But it puts load on memory. Opera remembers last set of pages that were opened. So if you launch Opera next time, you can start from where you left. Opera does not have DOM inspector. Opera is not Open Source. Opera does NOT have scripting capability. If you want to write a program that:1. Logins to gmail/hotmail or your bank account2. Navigates to a perticular page3. Gets some value out of DOM tree4. Does something with itIts a 10 line program with IE or Firefox, not with Opera. Opera users, point out if I am wrong. I have been using it just for a few months.

1. IE is not as bad ppl make it out to be. a) Loads up really quick. Firefx 1.5 is no slouch either. B) Loads web pages really fast. I for one don't buy all the hype being created abt opera being the fastest browser. As netfreak said it just caches a lot of stuff and increasing the cache size in the other two will yield the same results. c) Web-pages look the best when rendered in IE. Mozilla comes in second and opera is a distant third for me. d) Feature wise firefox is unbeatable coz it's open source and when used with the right extensions it's a great browser. IE loses out in this respect. Although sp2 did add an integrated pop-up blocker, it still has a lot of ground to make up. Opera ummm, mouse gestures are somethin which very few will end up using. Too hard to memorize....sometimes takes 2-3 attempts to make the damn commands work. It's simply easier and faster using the freakin toolbar and kb shortcuts. e) Security. Hmmm the jury is out on this one. IE ofcourse being the most common browser is also the one targetted the most. But if one just improves his surfing habits and stays away from shady websites, along with a gd anti-virus....there's no reason to worry. So right now it's firefox 1.5 for me. It's a complete browser.

Alright alright..... 😉I'm not exactly a HATER of firefox!Thats exactly why I've posted this suite!Did any of you check out firemonger, at all?I see only arguments instead.... 😛

poison isn't as bad as people think it is until they taste some of it...

Death is once in a lifetime kinda of an experience! Enjoy it before u HAVE TO!! 😉