• Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 1,617

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
“Rupay should be the only card that you must promote,” Sitharaman said in her address as the chief guest at the 73rd Annual General Meeting of the Indian Banks’ Association (IBA).

“Make sure the NPCI (National Payments Corporation of India) can become a ‘brand India’ product. Whenever issuing a card, you must first issue a Rupay (floated by NPCI) card,” the finance minister said in her address.

Does she have a plan for recovering loans? Bas yeh sab karwa lo.

cash deposit and withdrawal charges laga to diye

Good Vibes Flowers GIF by YouTube

Btw what is the benefit of having this- Rupay first? - just desh ka paisa desh me rhe. what about service quality?
And I am highly concerned about Rupay card security policies.

As per my experience and chargeback perspective,

Amex > Master > Visa > > > > Rupay

I always avoid paying through Rupay cc. As I feel if anything goes wrong, No one will help me. It would take ages to even make the Customer care guys understand what is chargeback or dispute. I can find a number of web articles written on other-card's dispute policies and process, but Rupay card dispute policies are yet unclear to me.

@imdarkray How is Amex acceptance in India, offline? I hope SBI PoS will start accepting Amex as they have launched Amex cards. What's your experience?

I dont know why they are promoting Rupay . It is not accepted as widely as Visa and Mastercard cards . International transactions have high failure rate and not accepted on smaller websites. I will switch to HSBC or HDFC if these people do these acts

TBH,Only 3 high value transactions out of 16 were successful for me till date.
High value refer to greater than 20k.
So,I threw the card issued by SBI.
Never had any issue with mastercard and Visa.
Diners club CC coming soon...

I dont know why they are promoting Rupay . It is not accepted as widely as Visa and Mastercard cards . International transactions have high failure rate and not accepted on smaller websites. I will switch to HSBC or HDFC if these people do these acts
Transactions costs right now are around 1% of gdp per year , most of these go to the likes of visa/mastercard. With rupay a chunk of that huge amount of money will stay in country. That is the motivation. Also China also does the same thing with union pay. So the best logical solution is to create co-branded Rupay cards with Visa/Master/Amex. So within India it will act as a Rupay card but for International transactions it will act as visa/master/amex whichever brand they tie up with

Diners acceptance is quite low. And no it is not accepted everywhere rupay is accepted.
I switched my diners to visa because of low acceptability.

Amex is much better. But remember amex charges more mdr so finding it accepted at small shop is far lesser than any other PP