Finally, TriB NU Solution

• Thread starter Thread starter nocaps
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 85
  • Views Views 35,215
.. it created but when i try to connect ..it outputs error 678..

I have the same router and I used to get the same error mesage when I tried connecting afternoons/early evenings(Peak Hour-when we had that Prabhadevi exchange change over fiasco around the 849NU launch)
looks like the system will not authenticate temporarily till its overloaded or something

Try connecting at different times of day,I'm pretty sure it will work,coz the error states that ur modem and the MTNL server are communicating and the connection setup is proper............Its just that at that particular moment ur not getting authenticated and logged on
This error seems temporary,coz i have not seen it for almost 2/3 months now

Still want to redo the setup,then use this guide(Bridging section),The screenshots should be applicable to all routers flashed with the MTNL firmware including the UT Star300R2U
http://delhi.mtnl.net.in/services/Broadband_Services_UserGuide_V3.0.pdf

But since ur in bangalore so ur BSNL and not MTNL ,I suppose so try this
BROADBAND MAIN MENU

Or here is the screenshots & steps for the UTstar firmware(Mods,is this link allowed???????)
BSNL DATAONE BROADBAND

please tell me how to schedule an automatic router reboot for the new Trendchip modem (has 4 lan slots) supplied by MTNL..either through Telnet or thru another program. the telnet interface is not the same as the D-Link modem...please help!!!i have nights unlimited starting 12 midnight to 8amregardsnitin

the solution is working fine, but earliar i was able to schedule a shutdown of windows, but with telnet scripting tools window open the scheduled shutdown didnt work, any body facing the same prob, any solution for this.

i got the solution after searching and trying diff scheduler i used Hyper Shutdown 1.0and checked the forced action option, it works.:thumbsup:i posted here so others who are looking for the answer need not to go else where.🙂

for scheduled shutdown i use poweroff 3.0- it can run as a service...can save your settings- has a bunch of options including WakeonLan!!! :thumbsup:All is working well!!!now my next project is to try and do bandwidth aggression ( merging 2 internet connections into one) it is possible in linux...i read somewhere that one can use network balancing for this- anyone done this yet?? and yes i know about the routers with 2 WAN ports- but i cant affort that..and also understand how windows will only see one ip and retrieve webpages from that...but people have done this!! and i want to learn how...help help!!

Hi

I am getting following when try to run the specified Robot.txt

HTML:
192.168.1.1 23
WAIT "login"
SEND "username\m"
WAIT "Password"
SEND "pass\m"
WAIT "#"
SEND "reboot\m"
WAIT "#"

Error
Code:
cli> reboot    ^% Insufficient privilege. Requires privilege of 2 or higher. at caret.

Maybe the username/password combination is incorrect.

Hi

I am getting following when try to run the specified Robot.txt

HTML:
192.168.1.1 23
WAIT "login"
SEND "username\m"
WAIT "Password"
SEND "pass\m"
WAIT "#"
SEND "reboot\m"
WAIT "#"
Error
Code:
cli> reboot    ^% Insufficient privilege. Requires privilege of 2 or higher. at caret.
You are using MT882, I think?
You require a slightly modified script:
WAIT "login"
SEND "root\m"
WAIT "Password"
SEND "admin\m"
WAIT ">"
SEND "enable\m"
WAIT "Password"
SEND "admin\m"
WAIT "#"
SEND "lan\m"
WAIT "#"
SEND "reboot\m"
WAIT "(y/n)"
SEND "y\m\m"
WAIT "..."
SEND "\m"

the login of "admin" as username&pw doesn't work thru telnet but does thru the web interface - any guesses what i'm doing wrong?