Finally solution for OFS 1700CIR set top box of Sun direct.

• Thread starter Thread starter prabhukr89
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 10,087

prabhukr89

ISP
BSNL
These steps are for those who having OFS1700CIR set top box with out green button enabled.
If any one know how to get green button please inform me.
1. first keep dish in existing insat 4B position i.e 93.5deg.
2. make set top box to factory default settings.
3. While set to factory settings, it will prompt to press red button for search. press it.
You will get old channels.(You can't update software)
then follow these steps,
4. Now go to Menu->channel search-> then confirm that Network search is on. if not then change to on, LNB frequency as 9750/10700 , search type auto, and then press red button to initiate search.. the settings will be saved.
5. Search for channels. then save.
6. you can see symbol rates 30000 and some transponders/ settings are added after doing above steps.(if not added then set lnb frequency as 9750/10600 and try)
After you got 30000 symbol rate TPs
7. Allign the dish to new satellite measat positon.
8. Go to channel search , set lnb to 9750/10700(try both ways)
9. Search by pressing red button.
10. when search is over new channels are added . go to channel 984(for me) to see the new satellite promotional channel.
11. for normal coship, and other set top boxes the software will upgrade automatically. but for this OFS1700CIR box it won't presently.
12. You can see sun channels also in channel number with four digits, 1001 and so.
13. check channel 556, if you are getting NDTV,if yes every thing is fine. some times the channel number may vary, in such case check symbol rate 30000, for new satellite sun dth channel. if you are receiving then every thing is fine. you should wait for some time ,may be months, so that your set top box to update new software.
Note:
1.Dont do factory default in Measat position.Do only in Insat
2.Try LNB for both 9750/10700 and 9750/10600.It may vary according to signal quality
Any doubt ask me..
To know how to set for Measat click this Re-align Sun Direct Yourself..... - Indian DTH Community Forums

Congrats. How much signal level and quality level do you achieve? I get only 74% of signal level and 84% of quality.

Congrats. How much signal level and quality level do you achieve? I get only 74% of signal level and 84% of quality.
Sorry i didnt remember,but till now no problem in watching..