Finally set-up Pi-hole on my network

• Thread starter Thread starter f3rmion
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 101
  • Views Views 19,194
Yes I have my Pi's and the Orange pi sitting in open. Most are cool or idle around usual temps for their soc.
Im getting a cluster case so will get those tiny heatsinks and a single silent 120mm fan for blowing at whole rack..

Is the tiny fan loud? The case is great!

@partymonger, Thanks. Yes the case is better than what i expected.

No, the fan has a faint sound... much less than an old laptop's fans.

Yes, I think only pi4b runs this hot.

Is your case like a server rack? Do share any links/models you've considered. I'm thinking about getting one.

Yes, like a server rack but pi sized. it looks like this. Picked one without those tiny fans cause of noise and how soon they go bad. Good larger fans for whole rack will be used if needed. I have 3 boards, rest will house usb harddisk and samsung ssd. Apparently you can find larger spacers which means you can add more space between racks if needed..

aObifeF.png

aObifeF.png

Hello, what are the blocklists you all use? Mine has the blocklist.site and a list of Regex added.

There seems to be a ton of blocklists available online. Which are the best ones to add? And how much is too much? (Lists having the same domain maybe repeated n number of times are less efficient vs say a regular expression). Lately, pihole is removing support for some adblock style lists. link

@JB700
Code:
nslookup example.org
Server:         192.168.0.1
Address:        192.168.0.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:   example.org
Address: 93.184.216.34
Name:   example.org
Address: 2606:2800:220:1:248:1893:25c8:1946

Now it is working. i reinstalled twice... not sure why it dint work in the first place.

Just naked. Connect to routers usb for power. My network area is very shabby and dusty . So no pics, sorry.
It’s 512mb variant.
BZNHZPg.jpg

my main purpose was to try to run Plex server on it for direct play.