• Views Views 2,166

itachi

I got banned!
ISP
BSNL
VI
JIO
Two days ago, I got Jio

First, they told me prepaid is available and I could test for one month and consider.

Then on the day of booking, they told me, they have orders from Jio not to provide prepaid anymore.

But I went ahead and paid for 3 months. 699 x 3 since I took 100mbps with landline. I all came to 2400sh

Installation and everything were smooth, but I noticed how they did not bring these giant splicer machines as with BSNL.

Some cons :

I cannot read the Rx or Tx power of the GPON inside Jio gpon router. At the time of install it was -22, I wish it was less than -20 because the distance between the box and house is about 10 meters only. In BSNL, it was -14. What do you think is the sweet spot for it? Imagine using the degraded connection and it is -29 and you can never know because it is not shown inside the router.

I notice some tx errors in wlan. I spoke to others and they told me they have the same issue. This router is the latest one jcow414 and the firmware is dated November last year.

My airtel broadband's rx power is -19 dbm and TX is 2 dbm. Also my fiber is near to the powerline

I have about -28dBm on JioFiber, and I'm on the 150Mbps plans, I did not experience any disconnects or issues and the public IPv4 has been the same for the past 3-5 months.
wlan tx errors are fine, these are usually broadcast errors or at times when packet is not acknowledge by client devices. Unless you experience issues with overall connectivity, there is nothing to be alarmed about, this is mine just for reference.
txx.png
13899201995.png

Last edited:
@Lolita_Magnum questions: When we used BSNL connection, there would be disruptions and the LCO would say it is because he is adding a new connection, but I did not get this with Jio when they added new connections. Why is this? What is different? I notice there are errors in Wifi even when there are no device connected.

Last edited:
For giving new connections, LCO generally cut the fiber, add a splitter and from there give the new connection. So all the consumers on that line will be affected during that time.
In case of Jio/Airtel, they install FAT boxes in certain distances while setting up the fiber line. In FAT box it already split the fiber in 1x8 or 1x16 mode. while giving connections from the FAT box, they just use plug and play method for the new customer's fiber, so there will be no disruption for the existing customers.

@teletalk

This bsnl user told me

'
Here they have FAT box setup for bsnl, issue may be with lco.

When I took connection, it was direct from the main line. There was no other connection nearby. Later one of the neighbour took connection, so they have brought this box and setup connection for them. Since it was first time, I had short interruption. Next time I hope there won't be interruption'

So, bsnl has this too?

I have a paid subscription of NextDNS. Any suggestion on using this in the router level?
Wi-Fi errors become important if you start having a higher number of errors, usually ~5% or higher.
No suggestions, Jio-router is useless and if you add custom DNS it resets to DNS-proxy after reboot.
hen we used BSNL connection, there would be disruptions and the LCO would say it is because he is adding a new connection, but I did not get this with Jio when they added new connections. Why is this?
Inside the FAT box, they use 'PLC-splitter'. I don't have any clue about BSNL since I have never had them before, nor they supply here.