Finally Got it TATA Indicom BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

The GodFather

Regular
ISP
BSNL UL 750
Hi!After applying for it on 28 April finally it was done yesterday 17 May.Anyways, the engineer installed it on my Netgear RP614v2 Router and the Net was up.Am on the Surf 3000 - 2 Mbps plan. So far everything is great. The speed is really cool better than Triband's 2 Mbps plans.Currently I get 200+ Kbps download speed in FlashGet. Never got that much on Triband's connection. I get there around 150 Kbps.Anyways, it's just been ONE day still. Lets see how it goes.There was a downtime time of few minutes yesterday.Regards.

i need to check if they would serve my area 🙁

might get it for a dedicated download machine 😛right i need the reliability which airtel gives me :-s

also.. its upto 1mbps.. so.. there is an "official" loophole for them to give u less than 1mbps..was thinkin that it could be useful for hosting websites.. given that tata's business plans give static ip's...

First day and already downtime of afew minutes ..doesnt augur well for the future..wat good is an unltd cheap connex if it aint reliable?

true...it's been exactly 2 yrs today with my MTNL and i can only remember a couple of downtimes...that's what u call "stable"

do TATA lay separate cable for DSL? do u need phone connection from tata?

In mumbai and maharashtra(formerly known as hughes telecom) they provide Dsl rest all of india cable.

Even in Mumbai, most of the areas do not have phone lines of TATA / Reliance or Airtel. Areas that have then have lots of options in terms of Broadband.

Thank you for showing interest in our service.

As per your request regarding the feasibility of your address to have the broadband connection will be confirmed only after Appling for the same online. Please follow the below mentioned procedure for the same.

How to Apply:

4 simple steps to get into the world of Tata Indicom Broadband
All you need to do is indicate your interest by logging on to our website! Broadband from Tata Indicom: Leading Hi Speed broadband internet service provider in India. Apply for super fast internet connection now. Get Hi Speed broadband from tata Indicom. Broadband India s way to sucess.
We will quickly do a check on service availability in your area and confirm back to you.
Having done that, our sales representative will meet you to fill in the Application form, collect the documents for verifying your Installation address and the cheque.
Your connection will soon be installed.
The feasibility test will be provided to with in 3 working days once the order is picked by our executives. Once the feasibility cleared it will take 4 workings days for the installation.

System Requirements:
In case of an Ethernet (cable) connection, you will need a LAN card. Apart from this, you do not need any specific hardware or software to install a Tata Indicom Broadband connection. Our representative will carry the required hardware (Router, if needed) and software at the time of installation and Broadband connection is through optical fiber.

At present there is no concession for landline phone users.

Know more:
For answers to all your questions, you can go through the FAQs section on our website. If you still feel the need to write to us, you can send in your queries to customerservice@vsnl.co.in.

So go ahead, place your order now and be a part of the Tata Indicom Broadband family.

For any further assistance, please feel free to contact Customer Service Tata Indicom Broadband (the link contains the location wise contact numbers ) or mail us on customerservice@vsnl.co.in.

We will be delighted to assist you.

really does not make any sense to me. they would conduct the study after taking payment from me? or they would check if they can provide me a connection after i pay them?

i have seen a lot of comments from people who complain that tata took the payment later told them that they cannot provide a connection in their area... and they were still waiting to get a refund from the company.

Do they Tata Broadband. I recommend it any day and to any one. It is simply awesome except for 2 major downtimes in 3 months. Those downtimes were only for 4-7 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.