filing a complaint with trai and mtnl top bosses

• Thread starter Thread starter shenoymax
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 49
  • Views Views 14,380
What about customers who bought their own piece. How can D-Link suddenly become incompatible, just because it fell out of favour with the babus.

Nopes the D-Link routers (1.3Lac) ordered by MTNL have developed a flaw with their firmware.. leading to frequent disconnections..

If you own GLB502T Dlink router, change the default router password and activate the firewall.. if possible update firmware/ reflash the router

Cant they ask D-Link to provide the relevant update to overcome this problem? And how does one explain why the Ustar modem connected at my house for two days also showed the same 'April Problems'?

BTW some of the April Problems seem to have disappeared from today morning (see the link above in post #30 above)

@socrates and shenoymaxIt seems MTNL is taking crap. I'm using 502T and Internet is working fine without any disconnection and thee r some problems only during morning wee hour's. The only problem is that router's login page doesn't open, so what doesn't makes any difference?:cool2:And even if MTNL would replace all router there wont be any loss to MTNL, as it has already taken Rs. 80 as rent for 4 yrs so a total of 80 * 4 * 12 = Rs. 3480 and still it is taking rent and not even waving off for 4 yrs old customer.:cool2:Other than that MTNL could ask D-Link to provide a firmware which would resolve these "April Problems" and could save a lot of money by not replacing all the D-Link routers and could make profit through every month's rent(Rs. 50), that's what is good business.:cool2:

Guys I own a Huwaei Modem MT882 but even I am facing these problems. After every 5-6 minutes the web-pages stop opening. I called up MTNL call centre last night and they just gave me some complaint number and no other response 🙁I read Shenoy's post about them replacing D-Link routers, what about people who have the Huawei routers? By the way, I recently (from 1st June) switched to the new Unlimited 256 kbps Plan (Rs. 999/-)

hi drumster i m have mt822 mtnl modam i have same problam but idont know my modam adsl light some time on & some off . most of the time it is off

Broadband speeds should jump back to normalcy from Friday. Problems with the MTNL Delhi bureaucrats are causing MTNL Mumbai users a big problem. The old users have become a target of this mess..

If you are facing frequent disconnections, on D-Link ADSL modem provided by MTNL, the modem will be replaced free of cost in a matter of few weeks.. the process has already started in some areas of Mumbai..

@krish: these are the meeting discussion notes.. thats wat he said..

@shenoymax Could you elaborate what transpired between you, the telecom NGO (you haven't told us the name yet ) & the MTNL babus :huh::huh:

Telecom NGO = Bombay Telephone Users Association
Whats transpired b/w us and MTNL is in my post above.
MTNL Mumbai is suffering on a/c of the DoT.

Yeah saw that. What we all wanted to know is "What did the ED say". Did he say that he knows the problem? If yes, has he assured you for solving it sooner. Let us know other answers as well.

Yeah saw that. What we all wanted to know is "What did the ED say". Did he say that he knows the problem? If yes, has he assured you for solving it sooner. Let us know other answers as well.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Anyway the sites are opening now from 9-6-09 morning, I checked my speed a little while ago it down again 1.66 🙁 (O the days of 1.85mbps) also had a disconnection where the ADSL & LAN lights went off, earlier today & yesterday I had a disconnection where when I pinged the DNS server I got 'Destination host unreachable' instead of the usual 'Timed Out'