File Sharing,Chat,IM over LAN

google_singh

Regular
One thing that we dont utilise to the max is the power of LAN. So many compuetrs are connected over it and the speed over LAN is tremendous.Cant all of the Sify Users install a same Yahoo messenger like software and then connect to each other, share files, have voice and video chat.....etc. Save telephone bills....just connect to ur frinds ip and video chat with him unlimited...without even logging on to Sify BroadbandI think it wud work only on the LAN under 1 CT😵r can it work in entire city as well????Can somebody suggest such a software ?then we shud make sure that all of Sify users install that software? Well atleast for a start members of this forum shud do so....

we hav already tried that m8ppl on my lan r uncle ji's so cant expect much frm them ,lol.But inter and intra city lan gives poor speed.

Also for any connectiity other than your neighborhood lan you'd have to log in to Sify 😉

I think the best software for this would be DC++ .The only thing we have to do is create a hub or join a previously created hub.Now if u dont kno wats a "hub" then it is not a server, the hub cannot share anything it only acts like a router.But there r many public hub that we could join.I suggest that we join a hub called as DESI MoVIE HEAVEN the hub address is (manacinemalu.no-ip.org:1090)so hurry im waiting in that hub for u guys download dc++ fast

Well all above are wrong i have setup such proggies and we can chat with softwares supporting udp broadcasts 😉 .

try borgchat. its serverless, you have to just run the software it does udp broadcast & all people on lan who are running it can chat swap files ,etc

lol , i cant do anythin with that type of software as i dont want to chat to uncle jis regardin life's philosphy 🙁

actually i have a friend who had done extensive research on his network by hacking into other systems and spying on the webcams on their systems. i had better be quiet about it. 😕

Maybe one day when this forum crosses 50,000 members, we'll find a member who's a net addict like us and lives in the one of our neighborhood 😉