• Thread starter Thread starter Trex
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 1,672

Trex

This is the way
ISP
BSNL
BSNL updated their fibre ultra plan. Now it offers 200mbps instead of 300 with ott and the 300mbps is now available for 1799.

PSU 🤣

With higher priced plans than private telcos. I think they're out of bandwidth 😂

Used to get around 30 to 35 mbps on 30mbps plan but since one month getting around 28 on speed test. Same is observed with my friends 60mbps plan. They are now providing reduced speed at least in our area.

Why I'm getting a gut feeling that BSNL won't be able to make it this time... I really want them to have lower prices than other telcos but 🤦

I checked it on BSNL website & it shows 3000 Mbps at 1799₹ 🤦

Hmmm, there has been a few changes and not just the speed. FUP limit has increased along with FUP speed. OTTs seems to be included in every plan.

FUP From 3300 GB to 4000 GB & Post FUP speeds also increased from 2 Mbps to 15 Mbps. But if they have given this for 1499₹ then it would have been called a PSU's move. Right now it looks like a private telco with poor service.

Idk the calculations they do to make these plans but I wouldn't expect any ISP to provide something completely free. Ultimately it's us the consumers who have a choice to make.

Oh well.

The only reason I took BSNL is because the lco is a good person and very helpful but in this area there are other broadband providers with better peering and I don't care about the OTT apps.

Babus make me switch soon I guess.

Now, these prices changes are all over the board in all states.

Using BSNL for more then 1.5 years, had some issues with LCO in starting but now everything is good. Surprisingly experience is great till now. No major down time. Latency to google cloudflare always under 5 ms which I use most.