Fibernet Progress

• Thread starter Thread starter pk_
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 10,103
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is definitely a much better idea as compared to the one you had earlier.Wishing you best of luck

This is definitely a much better idea as compared to the one you had earlier.
Wishing you best of luck
i agree....
Intranet and Internet...both included now....
That wasn't earlier....

So the question remains as such:1. How do you NOT need an ISP license for this? (You'll need one if you're planning to peer with any ISP's - unless you're licensed, they can not legally peer with you)2. How do you NOT need an infrastructure license for this? (You'll need this before you build any infrastructure).3. 20Gbit/s? Really? From whom?4. How does this go in-line with your original plans for getting information to users quickly? Even if you peer with all the ISPs, Fibernet users are still going to be restricted by the speed of their plan, rendering it all rather useless.5. Is it me or does this sound like what the average cablewala does?

pk_ said:
So the question remains as such:
1. How do you NOT need an ISP license for this? (You'll need one if you're planning to peer with any ISP's - unless you're licensed, they can not legally peer with you)

pk_ said:
No one needs an ISP license to get connectivity from an ISP and run a server.Even if one has to start his own Data centre, all he needs to take is an OSP license.It costs 1000 Rs.

You said in your first post that you will try peering with ISPs, not that you will try obtaining connectivity from them. These are NOT one and the same thing. To peer as in peering, you need a license.

pk_ said:
We are going to take one in case we start our own DC instead of NIXI.

Which NIXI will try their best NOT to allow.

pk_ said:
2. How do you NOT need an infrastructure license for this? (You'll need this before you build any infrastructure).

IP license is to provide dark fiber,towers etc. to ISPs.Seriously, your concepts about licenses are still week.And, leave everything, IP license is almost free, we can take it.

My question was answered in another post - as it turns out you are planning to apply for the IP-1 license as I had suggested last month. This is all I wanted to check.

I don't appreciate being insulted when all I'm trying to do is help you and clarify the situation here. If it weren't for our previous discussions you'd have not even known the existence of IP-1 licensing so I'm not sure how you can say that.

pk_ said:
3. 20Gbit/s? Really? From whom?

20 Gbps is the overall connectivity of the first server cluster i am planing.

That doesn't answer the question.

pk_ said:
4. How does this go in-line with your original plans for getting information to users quickly? Even if you peer with all the ISPs, Fibernet users are still going to be restricted by the speed of their plan, rendering it all rather useless.
5. Is it me or does this sound like what the average cablewala does?

I think it is only you who is not getting the point. You have mugged a word cablewala and I am pretty sure you dont know the meaning of "wala"

That also doesn't answer either of those 2 questions. You were promising "up to" 1Gbit/s speeds to users, now as the situation has changed, I'm trying to ascertain what the actual limitations are going to be. If a user is still connected by his existing line to his ISP, then in all likelihood the original advantage to having fibernet (fast access to content) is rendered unfeasible since he would still only be connected to his ISP at 512k or 1mbit/s or whatever.

On the other hand, if you *are* building a large cable network, then that's a whole different story, and as such changes the game somewhat because if your network is good enough and does what I need it to, then I may not even object to using it myself when I begin to offer services in areas that you've covered. Whether you believe it or not, I am constantly trying to figure out ways to synergize and collaborate because I'm in a very similar boat, and not only do I know how difficult all this stuff can be but everyone needs all the help they can get.

So, instead of getting pissed at me because I'm asking questions, imagine I'm either a customer or someone you plan to partner with, and treat me that way, otherwise I'm completely likely to just write your whole idea off and think you're a pompous ass who thinks that going to IIT is the pinnacle of a lifetime achievement.

Also, I use "wala" and various spellings thereof as "vendor". Right or wrong, it's the usage that counts and here in Mumbai it seems pretty well established as a usage.

@pk_

You'll need to be less arrogant if you're wanting to do business.

@pk_ , @fibrenet -- Learn to respect others first and then come to forums like this...

Arrogance will go away automatically when you learn to respect others, MGC is not trying to stop your business...

He answers every shitty question about his plans and he is expecting same from other people here if he ask something... You can always answer the question with same spirit..

Status
Not open for further replies.