Fibernet Progress

• Thread starter Thread starter pk_
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 10,107
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a vlc developer from 2008 to current date, i guess. if you are asking for gsoc, it was in 2010

yes.. was asking about vlc dev in general...

hadnt seen you on the IRC for a while so I thought you had left

@akash

why dint you finish your project?We tried to contact you

I did finish it, Just 2 small part's were pending

One of them was rejected, the other required dev setup on windows which I wasnt able to complete

btw, who tried contacting me?
I'll get in touch with them

Please learn to use the "quote" feature correctly. It makes it very difficult otherwise to respond.

Call it anything you like.

Err, no. Can't do that. A spade is not a tractor, even if they are capable of performing roughly the same function. Please use the correct terminology so as to avoid confusion.

Let us see.For your information, they are ready.As I told earlier, we are waiting for the final quotation/tariff

Firstly, they're always "ready". I was told by Railtel that they are "ready" in 2009, and look where we are now. In fact, it's lucky that we didn't end up using them because of what happened last year. I'm 100% certain that you can not peer as in peering without some kind of license, and if you have only a B/C license, then you can only peer within that circle. End of discussion.

of course I knew about IP license even before we talked.

Judging by the thread and our conversation on IRC... no you didn't.

You should read the whole thread.I answered this question already .I never mentioned 1 Gbps this time.Almost everyone understood the point.

Clearly not. I *did* read the threads from start to finish before asking the question. I didn't say you mentioned 1gbit/s this time, I said that it was your original plan. What I'm trying to figure out is how you think you're different from any of the other, let's call them... content providers, content delivery networks... etc?? How are you any different from Netmagic who already hosts a lot of desi content in India and already peers directly with a number of ISPs?

I don't see any of the ISPs giving them "preferred" access (that is, content hosted by Netmagic is prioritized and billed for in exactly the same way as any other data). I don't see any of the ISPs giving preferred access to Akamai or Limelight or Yahoo or Youtube.

Seriously, I want to understand how you've managed to get ISPs to agree to provide max-speed access to your content because I'm sorry to say, but based on the technology (especially in BSNL's case), they simply cannot do it in the way that you seem to think they can. As such, you're stuck with other ISPs who, while maybe capable of implementing this kind of dual-tier access, may or may not. What's in it for them? Tell me why I, as an ISP, would want to connect my network to Fibernet.

I can help you understand if you are seriously willing to know, which is not the case currently.

Either you can't or won't answer my questions: those which I am asking are perfectly valid, yet for the most part you're brushing them off and apparently you think that I don't actually want to know what Fibernet is all about. On the contrary, I want to know *everything* (hence the questions).

But, if you're going to continue to insult me then I'm afraid I'm going to have to write you off as someone I would not like to work with as it is really not appreciated, and if this is the kind of attitude we can expect from Fibernet, then frankly I can't wish your project any good fortune whatsoever. At least I can't say I didn't try.

--

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.