Fibernet plans in Chennai

• Thread starter Thread starter shr
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 37,838

shr

ISP
ACT, Airtel
Airtel website shows Fibernet plans in chennai. 8 to 100 Mpbs speed and 15 to 100 GB limit in the Fibernet category.

The plans are pretty ridiculous (at least to me)...you either get 8Mbps (with a low FUP) or 100Mbps (with a 100GB FUP). Nothing in between. The 100Mbps plan costs Rs. 6000 (just about) before taxes. For that kind of money, they could at least throw in 500GB or so of FUP...
I think this is a half-hearted attempt at fibre now that ACT is here...just, so they can say they offer fibre too..hopefully, they at least bring out plans that are in line with other parts of the country...in Delhi they offer 100Mbps/175GB at Rs. 5299
All I can say is Bah! Airtel can keep their fibre at these rates/plans 🙂

Very true. My need is to have a faster upload provision. They have 786kbps even on a 100 Mbps Fiber plan. Wake up Airtel.

Well, oodoo have barely started & from what I see they seems to be only in shollingnallur. Even if they expand, they would probably do so only in the surroundings, probably the same areas Zylog's Wi5 or VibrantNet or guys like those have done..

Fibernet plans for Chennai have disappeared from Airtel Website.

Today, I had called Airtel Customer Service and they mentioned that Fibernet plan is not available, even though it is shown in their website for Chennai location.

Soon or later this FUP limit should be removed .. i see each and every electronic device accessing net ... the need for FUP is just to make money i believe