Fiber cable not detected

• Thread starter Thread starter alexb
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 3,266
ISP
Ani Network/Broadband
So recently I unlocked some Nokia routers. (1st. Nokia G-2425G-A and 2nd. Nokia G-140W-C)
Initially I thought it was an issue with the first router as it was not detecting the fiber cable. G2425GA doesn't flash any red lights for LOS (line of sight) and just stays off. Since I didn't know much I thought it was just that and eventually thought the fiber (pon) port was just faulty.
Now I got a different router, 2nd. When I got it I checked it, the guy connected BSNL and Den fiber cables which both showed LOS and PON glowing green just fine. This was before it was unlocked. I came back and unlocked it, before configuring my settings. Plugging in the fiber cable once again and turns out it's not detecting it again and LOS remains red entirely.

Which makes me wonder what the issue is, my guess/assumption is that it's from the ISP side and which OLT/cable they are using perhaps. Because it works fine in Syrotech ONUs and the support centre told me that they don't restrict any ONU/GPON devices at all and any device which can use any ISP will work just fine. But then what can be the issue?

My ISP is Ani Network. I called the guy to check in with other ISP for once (he also does connections for Excitel and will check for once). I'll update the thread later.

@Sushubh @Maxx_369 @Superstar @qwertypop If you guys have any ideas in case you've unlocked Nokia routers and used it with other ISP or know someone who has, can you guys share some details about it or tag the person who could maybe. It's weird really.

Bump.

Guys I really need some input on this. Been wrecking my brain on this one last couple days and more so yesterday but haven't got anything really. Is it the ISP blocking the usage of the ONT or a misconfiguration from the operator/LCO?

@JB701 @opomiyulen

Blacklisted? I mean only with my ISP or like what? Because i don't imagine this ISP or the LCO doing much against blacklisted ONTs in the first place and then Den and BSNL both worked fine. And I checked, it was all 0s nothing else.

i'm not sure, i've had issues with tripleplay where one ont works but if i connect another it doesn't. maybe some kind of PON MAC reservation? I'm not sure how it works on OLT side.

check the PON Inform it'll tell you where it's stuck.

That might be the case for internet not working. But not the fiber cable itself. Like I know that even with the fiber cable unless you put in the pppoe details MAC ID has no value. Since the account is secured by pppoe username, pass and MAC ID.
But even then just using a different ONU/ONT (I have only been able to try Syrotech's devices, one of which was excitel locked) but when I plugged in the cable the LOS light went off and PON lit up.

2022-03-02-13h26-01.png

Tx Optics are infinity. When I plug the cable out, Rx becomes Infinity too. I'll check with the ONU and update.

Called customer care. They say they don't block any particular brands nor they have blocked or blacklisted any device nor do they have the capacity to block one specific device or list of Mac/SN from their end. Called LCO and waiting for him atm.
In ONU both Rx and Tx are working fine. I also noticed Rx power is different being -15.78 in ONU vs -18.51 in Nokia device.

Last edited:
@Lolita_Magnum can't be. The g2425ga I unlocked and gave back to the guy i got it from was still unlocked and he tested that too. And it was working just fine. I didn't check within the gui for stats but LOS (Link) light lit up to green and PON (Auth) was green and stable too. Internet one was green and stable too for some reason but there was no internet.

No it's also not about the pppoe logs. I haven't inputted them yet and even inputting them makes no difference. The guy I checked the devices with also never inputted any pppoe creds either. I also don't think the issue with the optic signal power has anything to do with pppoe auth.

If Syrotech one was working then most probably it's syrotech olt on other side. The support is giving all bs. Every non syrotech ont need to be whitelisted to make it work.
Edit: check bsnl forum, many users complained about this.

Ah okay. On that note, I was wondering what's the one indication that surely means that the device is blocked or blacklisted, if anyone knows? That will be helpful in getting support for it.

Alright. Customer support is well not always so informed. Operator says that they have EPON OLT at their backend and only confirmed unlocked EPon will work.

They can't guarantee whether a GPON works or not and can't also really tell for sure whether a GPon ONT would work on EPon OLT or not and vice versa. At this point the question is about whether GPon ONT can work on EPon OLT or not. And if so, then how and what changes would the LCO need to make.