Fi (Savings Bank Account powered by Federal Bank)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 3,833
I opened their account in Feb and today I received 3 SMS of transactions I had not initiated.
2 debit and 1 credit. The debit transactions negated the credit transactions. The CC had no clue.

Narration in the transaction was ATM...... and I have my ATM transactions turned off for the debit card.

I will say stay away from this bank.

I don't have access to net banking. I can see in the app the transactions.

They called back and said that I did a transaction on Macy's USA on 12th and these transaction are transaction charges and it's reversal. But this is completely absurd. Let me explain:
1. Single transaction on Macy's that too of INR 8950
2. They did 2 debit transactions today amounting to 3300
3. 3300 on transaction of 8950 is not possible.
4. They say zero fee on international transaction.

I have always suspected Bank employees & somebody in the card manufacturers end who are involved.

It's shocking that inspite of disabling this feature its working & these jerks are debiting you for it. Reversing the entry is to keep them out of legal trouble. Proves their systems are BS.

Last edited:
What does the transaction details show in the app for these that you did not initiate?

Last edited by a moderator:
Screenshot-20220316-193653.jpg

I was told to wait for 24-48hrs when I had lodged the complaint on 17th March. Till today did not receive any feedback, so called them myself.
The guy told me sent to backend for update and there is no TAT.

I mean I have reported a fradulent transaction how can it not have a TAT. Anywhere else I can complain about this?

RBI ombudsman but you have to first follow the escalation matrix of FI.

So escalate to lvl2 and head customer support.

I also have a pretty bad experience with Fi.
After switching phones, I wasn't allowed to log back into the account. Stuck on the loading screen after face verification. Tried several times over several days. Without access to the App, getting in touch with the CC is painful. After a couple of to and fro from Twitter, I send an email to the support. Got template replies (we are working on it, 24*7 etc.,). Then after a week, I called their CC. Explained everything from start, they said they've registered a complaint and I'll get the status in my email(which I never got). 2-3 days later called again, this time they raised a ticket with the backend team. Then again, no resolution. After a week or so I forgot about it.
Early Feb, I gave it another try and somehow I was able to get past the login screen.
I was using it only for the 0% forex charges, so only some 200rs were remaining in that account. Imagine if you've parked some amount and you don't have access to your bank 🤧
BTW, their suggestion was to register UPI with some other app and transfer the funds from there

Same status, "escalated to the concerned team". I think I have given them enough time? According to RBI guidelines, I need to inform bank within 3 days and my liability is zero, so they did not follow that as well.
Gonna registered complaint on Ombudsman today.