Few questions about Reliance Wireline (Broadband) internet

• Thread starter Thread starter stirredo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 139
  • Views Views 34,639
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks man.A little buffering time is ok for me, the priority is unlimited.I know the 1GB will not be great for me, since I might mostly exhaust it on gaming and videos.I need it for my simple home use, but the pricing and unlimited downloading is the priority.Hence the 450 plan works the best for me.I was only concerned about the speed but that is good enough for me.I don't know much about these stuff, since this will be my first internet connection.I am in Mumbai, and they said the service is decent in Mumbai.So looking forward to connection day now.Thanks a ton for your answer.

Yeah anytime!The connection is decent as u have heard.

Hi everyone.
I have just applied for Reliance Broadband Wired connection, which should be done in few days.I have few questions regarding the same.

I am thinking of choosing between
a]Peace of Mind Flat Fee Plans: Surf Addiction 300.

1]My how much speed should I expect?

2]And is 300Kbps enough in these days to surf, download (I am not too concerned about high speed--something between 30-60kbps for download will be good enough for me)
and also play games?
---The Unlimited usage thing is important for me

2]The other plan I am thinking of going for(if the above is not satisfactory) is Freedom 249 which provides 2Mbps speed.It is not unlimited and has a Bundled Data Usage limit of just 1GB.
I know this will effectively rule out my downloading ventures, but will 1GB be good enough for a month if I intend to surf, play on sites like Yahoo games(pool & poker) and watch videos on sites like Youtube, dailymotion etc.

Why didn't u go for combo plans? If u ever feel that u need more speed(unlimited plans) you can opt for in combo plans whereas in Peace of Mind Flat Fee Plans the next higher plan would cost u Rs.1499.
Trust me, forgot about streaming videos in youtube/dailymotion with 300 kbps. Try & tell me......

@WrinkledMind - if you have any intention to watch Youtube videos, you'll be in trouble if you go for that 1 GB plan.

@ Emil.....He hasnt taken that 1 GB plan. I said that to him.@ Raj......yeah i think Combo was better. It didnt strike me to tell when i posted!!

Status
Not open for further replies.