Few problems...

nishnet2002

hi everyone.. read a hillarious fight wid sify officer 🙂1) i m also facing the problem of speed cap after downloads of abt 50MB 🙁2) sometimes there is loss of 50% of PINGS to my local gateway... (Any solution 🙁 )3) I turned of the heartbeating feature by calling CC.. but still gets kicked off after 5 hrshi sushhub what r the news abt the anand who was going to SUE sify ??

decision is pending. sify ignored the court case. they lose by default i guess. ankurraheja.com for more details.

Nish - Does this happen when you have any bittorrent client running? I mean 50% pings issue. I have been running in to the same issue.Q

Ping timeouts to the local gateway are reflective of problems in the LAN your CTO is running. Ask him to get it repaired. It's a local network problem.

Originally posted by inetbum@Apr 30 2005, 02:26 PM
Ping timeouts to the local gateway are reflective of problems in the LAN your CTO is running. Ask him to get it repaired. It's a local network problem.
[snapback]8636[/snapback]
[/quote]

inetbum, it is really unusual problem...

1) even when there are 50 computers on LAN running during daytime the ping replys are really good...

2) but on few days only when there are least no of users there is a problem of loss of ping requests...

i know many of u guys are doing network engg and will able o help me out!!!

I think u r also facing the same problem that i used to face, i used 2 face a major ping drops in late night.I got it repaired actually a Switch in the line was the culprit and check ur wire might need a change

If there is a loss of ping requests there could be more users than you are detecting. I guess it would be a problem with the cabling....

In my case, it definitely has to do something with bittorrent!I have been running tests on my two logins and the ping dropouts only happen when I have the BT running for 5 minutes. I even dropped the number of simultaneous connections from BT to 10 but it did not help.I called Sify on this and asked them directly on whether they block or create issues for BT over night pack. The CSR I spoke said that it is not at their end but they do not stop their CTOs from doing something like that if they feel the need!!!!!Typical sify!Anyways, if you do run BT and can perform the same tests, it would help.Q