Few important questions and changing default FTTH password which happens to be "password"

• Thread starter Thread starter Namaste11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 6,100
ISP
BSNL
I have a few questions could you please help with those.

1) Is it possible to change the default password for FTTH userid xy1234567891_nid@ftth.bsnl.in which hilariously happens to be "password".

2) What does _nid denote in the userid. As I know that xy above denotes the first letter of your first and last names correspondingly. There should be some meaning of _nid as well.

3) If somebody knows my username and password from (1) can they use it on their own router while I'm also using it simultaneously. The second case would be if I remove the login information from my router network settings, does it become available to be used by others.

4) What exactly is vlan ID and how is it uniquely bounded to each userid.

5) I don't trust my LCO or whoever that guy is who installed the system. After 1 month of usage I came to realise he had put someone else's userid in my router configuration. After sometime it stopped working, I guess due to non payment of bill from the side of the person who's userid was put in my router. A random IP was assigned like 10.0.0.100. After a few tinkering and hit and trial I could input the correct vlan ID and my userid in the router and the connection was working with correct IP assigned. So this makes me wonder if I want I can still put the userid and vlan ID which was incorrectly put in my router by the shady installer. This is something I would never do but still like to get your suggestions that what is this whole deal about.

Don't know much. But, I just got my BSNL Fiber yesterday. I think, only in PPPOE mode you need username & password. In my Netlink router, he configured it as DHCP. There are no slots for entering un & pass in DHCP mode.

I had to configure additional router so I asked him about PPPOE & my un & pass. He said un to be id1234567891_sid@ftth.bsnl.in & password to be password.

it was sid, not nid.

For me it's nid. That's why I would like to understand what does this denote. Also if it is possible to configure it in DHCP mode and what would be the difference between them.

For me it's _wid the first letter stands for north south west I guess.

I changed my password on website fuptopup.bsnl.co.in usage site, not sure if it will work for you but try it.

I used to get the option to change the password on the website you mentioned. But now it doesn't seem to login. Could you please check if you can login at your end on fuptopup

Yeah I cannot login now, after entering credentials it just returns to the main page without showing any message or error.

I remember they disabled login during the botnet attack which happened a few months ago. Maybe they have disabled it permanently.

Not sure if you can change your password on selfcare portal IIRC there was an option there too.

Just checked on selfcare website, after logging in and selecting the fiber broadband account, the "change BB password" button just redirects to fuptopup page only which has the same issue.

redirect2 used to work for me. Checked a few days back. And it had https too. redirect1 works but is http only. fuptopup doesn't work for me and gives the profile not found message. I guess it's setup region wise.

The password is not much useful outside the fiber network anyway. The guy who had setup your ONT must have had no more knowledge than that of a layperson. May be he just knew the steps and basic stuff and nothing more than that and did an honest mistake. I have seen a friend's config where the guy who did the setup input the wrong phone number for VOIP and it's something which is in the FTTH ID itself. So imagine how dumb that is. Relax and if something is found, will definitely share.

Last edited:
redirect2 still has certificate error. But I went past it and am able to login now. redirect1 works now too. @Namaste11 may be fuptopup site is working now too. Try again.

fuptopup.bsnl.co.in still doesn't let me login. Can anyone else please confirm? Yesterday someone confirmed that they also weren't able to login at fuptopup.bsnl.co.in.