Feedback - Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 705
  • Views Views 74,227
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote rules are too strict. In generic x updates thread I think using quotes is required. Discussion is not on one topic

Else if the new reply is on new page (we don't know where it will be when replying) i will have to read the previous reply on different page to understand the context.

And it's actually a design issue on some level because the button says reply and there is another quote button. Some one not used to forums cannot know how it will work. Reply button should ideally work as a "comment" to the main post. Kind of reddit.

So changing reply to quick reply and disabling it's orginal functionality like this should be done XF 1.4 - Disable quote on reply button

Suprising why it's not already done on this forum to make quoting more difficult. I think @Sushubh removed all reply buttons from last post.

I was thinking about few things that came to my mind just now. Feedback/Suggestions for @Sushubh

We all know hosting costs a ton and for sites like IBF I can't imagine how much it would be.
I think it mainly relies on ads which is not the way to go in the longer run.

I just want to share that can we bring a subscription service to IBF?

Like a user can pay 99₹ a month or 999₹ a year (Decided & Set By Sushubh). And get access to ad free IBF experience + Verification check next to their name + A dedicated option for premium members to create a thread where only premium members can engage & reply. Normal members can view only.

I know this might sound discriminative but we have to understand that majority of users use Adblockers which hugely impacts the running of this site. We might be certain about few years but in the long term this would be beneficial.

Also something else we can have is exclusive reactions & emojis. Premium members can react with many more emojis, have GIF profile picture, have more themes, have direct chat with other premium menbers and get other additional features (which I can't think of because I don't know the limitations of XenForo).

I know it might be very difficult to implement these but if they come then it will be a lot better. Honestly it might seem like the idea is stolen from Twitter or Telegram but for me platforms like IBF are crucial. So new additions + QoL improving changes are awesome. It definitely adds more value than just 99₹ a month.

Share any more ideas if you guys have.

@Sushubh Okay, A small question.

Can someone get an archive of the whole site (only posts & threads).
Just to preserve it as a whole in a format that they can't ripoff to copy to their own forum like site in the future.

If somebody wants to have all that archived information stored. Approximately how much TB's it'll occupy?

And is it even possible to share an archive like this?

Forum seems to be loading a bit slow for the last few days. Images either don’t load or take really long to load and the main site takes relatively long to load at times. Not sure if it’s an issue at my end.

I wanted to quote and reply some post in thread as there were 5-6 posts after that post.
But I don't see Reply button now. Has it been removed for all?

Might be off topic but this is a really cool feature.

b35WmjQ.webp

Last edited by a moderator:
Oops Server error occured message is displayed when trying to post from Desktop Firefox browser.
Posted this from mobile Firefox browser.
Tried logout login, yet same error on desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.