Feedback - Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 705
  • Views Views 74,252
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok looks like it does not have a performance benefit. but it does increase database size as read history for each thread adds a row for each user. i increased it to 365 for the time being. it was set at 30 days which is the default recommended value used by xenforo.

Let's see, how this behaves then.

setting is still set at 365 days. and it would still apply on activity after it was changed. i really have no other way to troubleshoot this. i haven't personally needed to click the go to new button since that setting was changed.

Isn't this issue from xenforo's side? Would they take it up or issue a patch for the same?

ws6kRsc.webp

my unread threads goes back to august 21 2020. so it seems to be working fine for me.

So I was in the thread of Voda idea future thread. I had replied on it I think yesterday. Today to view new response, I was thrown back to the first post of the thread.

check the link you are clicking. if it has /unread at the end, it should load the correct position. xenforo does use unread links for unread threads at all the important places.

I'm having a similar issue. On the threads which I've visited in the past and posted on, when I click on jump to new, it takes me to the 1st post of the thread.

Vodafone Idea thread was merged recently so that might have caused the lost unread position.

it does create a problem if a lot of images are on a single page. my i5 4th gen struggles a bit on these pages. youtube videos would have made it worse but an addon i use handles them well. loading a preview image instead of the video player itself. player only loads when you click on the image.

it also break links that are not linked through proper permalink. for instance when you copy a link to a post from the address bar instead of the permalink button. but then this forum is full of broken links everywhere and fixing them is just too much work.

Status
Not open for further replies.