• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 705
  • Views Views 74,261
Status
Not open for further replies.
Facing the same thing again!
image.png

i am not sure what error you are pointing out. unread section would highlight all unread threads. not the ones you are following. notification bell would only show notifications regarding threads you are following. you would need a filter like this.

BWS9swG.webp

A53O1Ti.webp

So the my last screenshot had 3 unread threads that are set to send out notification+email. But the bell only showed 2 threads.

bell would also lose the number of you click on it. but unread threads remains highlighted in it. it's possible you clicked on the bell when one thread was unread. if this is really a xenforo bug, it would be hard to report to the developers unless it is easy to replicate. plus i am running an older build and would only upgrade when 2.3 beta reaches maturity so would have to replicate it on their own forum to report it.

i do not think i am using any addon that interacts with notifications on the board.

i also do not think i am using any preloader that might process notification icon click without user interactivity that could cause this. i had to stop using Make your site’s pages instant in 1 minute because it was really messing up with unread threads.

I do know that once I click the bell, it will loose the unread count. But this time, I had just logged in and saw this. Also, in the Bell, thread News from Haryana was completely missing. It looks like to be a bug with the Xenforo itself but can't say till it is replicated.

threads also do not generate a new notification iirc if they were not opened after a previous notification.

Every now and then, under the notable threads section, I see "Private" instead of a thread. On going inside the sub-forum, I am unable to see any such thread.
Is it a paid account only feature? Or a bug or am I blocked from accessing it?

Source

Sorry, didn't want to create a new thread for such a small reason. Didn't find any other thread where I could post this.
Certain sections of the forum are reserved for people with 500+ posts.
Ah, that makes sense. Thank you! I'm mostly a lurker here, just created this account a couple of days ago; so it might take some time for me tor reach 500 posts.

I think we should have rules about when users ask questions or for troubleshooting, they should mention what did they do or how did they test or what is their setup structure in order to avoid wastage of time in writing basic followup posts.
A small banner for new users might do too.

Edit - although now that I think about it'd be too much work.

Status
Not open for further replies.