Feedback - Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 705
  • Views Views 74,201
Status
Not open for further replies.
what were you trying to submit. and please report issues in the feedback thread with proper details.

I posted a link of the forum , when I wanted to edit the text on the link , it displays the link itself and not the modified text

i fixed that i think. not sure why you got that error that you sent me through the contact form. your content is no longer being processed through the spam checker as you have enough posts now.

probably around 30 minutes. would try doing it active user list becomes short. usually happens by midnight-1am.

Because people were getting banned for useless quoting (this is part of rules here). Use select text and reply feature instead of quoting bigger posts if you really have to quote an older post in the thread.

yAk0Ga4.webp

Last edited:
Why are Indian forums so stingy about quotes? Never have I run into issues on American forums with quotes. There are a similar set of rules for all Indian forums. It appears that there is a single creator of rules for Indian forums? Just curious. Bandwidth is no longer expensive, even in India. So, I don't understand the reason for this. I don't think my quote was "useless". Images, I understand, to some extent, but not text.

It's not about storage space or bandwidth. It's about readability. If a post has quote, I have to check that quote to see the context for the post. If every post has the previous post quoted, it adds zero value to each of those posts. But adds a lot of clutter to go through for someone wanting to read through that thread.

In simple terms. Do you use the reply feature on every message on WhatsApp? Do you think that makes sense? I don't.

Why is the quote option not available for the last
Haha. I forgot that I had written that. So, you were replying to my question. It was my mistake. I thought you were pointing out that I had made an incorrect use of the quote feature.

" If every post has the previous post quoted, it adds zero value to each of those posts. " This makes sense. But, I think you should allow quoting of individual parts of the last post also. As in this case, I wanted to quote a specific portion of your post, but could not do it.

it's a limitation of the software. it disables select and quote if you remove the quote button. i haven't been able to find a fix for this. have been asked several times on their support forum. i would enable select and quote whenever i find the code fix on their community. trust me. i understand the problem you are describing.

By the way, thanks for your website. I used it a lot even when I was not a member ever since I came back to India in 2014 and had my first "broadband" connection of all of 1 Mbps for 20 GB followed by 512 kbps. I have not been "contributing" since I used adblock even when you had a full page adblock blocker. I had to get an adblock blocker blocker just for your website. Sorry. Now a days, you don't seem to be using it. I stopped using timesofIndia for this reason (they used adblock blocker), but had to figure out a way to visit your website, since I needed some help.

i am considering using a tool that might not be easily bypassable lol. but i have not made up my mind about that. floating layer above forum content is pretty easy to get around so developers of such tools have to look for other options. tbh, i have given up hopes of making even the running costs of this forum through ad revenue. i am mostly running this site now because it is just so hard to give it up. And it is finally fun again after such a long time because of entry of Jio Fiber in the segment. running costs are quite low so it does not really matter in the end.

i prefer if users just use referral links spread across the forum (by choice). i even disable ads for people who have been here for a while and are regularly contributing (not that they would notice lol).

Last edited:
Any chance we can get an option to delete posts submitted by mistake in the wrong thread, or multiple copies that get submitted sometimes when posting a reply (not sure why but has happened twice so far for me)? If you don't want a permanent option then you can make the delete link active for only 5 mins. or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.