Feedback - Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 705
  • Views Views 74,247
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sushubh: Would really appreciate it if it can be enabled for me, especially since removing it has also removed access to useful PMs sent/received earlier.

Took me a while to locate it, but the 'Private' sub-forum really isn't private so why is it called so? PMs are an extremely useful feature of all the forums I visit regularly. Can't you just warn/ban those who're misusing it?

It is private from mmm guests and search engines. Basically it does not get indexed by search engines. PMs should be enabled on your account now.

Last edited:
even profile posts are private from guests and search engines i believe. these pages are not accessible if you are not logged in.

Basically I would manually enable it in your account if you are a relatively old member with no suspicious activity 🌚. So you get to decide if you want to privately converse with a relatively new member. I understand that removing it completely is not an option.
Can you please enable it for my account ?

I could use some privacy too
come on chunk GIF

It's quite irritating when people quote lengthy posts in their entirety (for example see from this post onwards where it's been done thrice in quick succession). I've seen on other XenForo-based forums that in such cases beyond a point the bottom part of the quotes get hidden, with a link to expand and display them completely. Not sure whether it's an OOTB feature that needs to be enabled or requires a plugin, but please implement the same here.

I disabled compressed quotes by choice. Just because quote is hidden doesn't mean it's not there.

Killing it completely seems a bit of an overkill. Compressed quotes are what I was suggesting. Yes, sure the quotes will still be there, but at least not completely visible by default. That solves the problem, doesn't it? Those who wish to quote snippets still can, while people who blindly or ignorantly quote long posts won't end up irritating people scrolling through the threads.

useless quotes need to irritate people. otherwise the behavior does not change.

Status
Not open for further replies.