Feedback - Updates (Archived)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8,085
  • Views Views 760,430

How is the forum performing for you wrt speed?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This might not be the correct thread but if someone can help me on this, it would be great.
I have seen that the option for quoting or replying is disabled for the last post but is available for the posts prior to that. Any specific reasons?
I do remember one of the members account was banned when he tried to quote the last post. I don't get it. Other forums do have it. Or is it pertaining to security.
I hope we can get some clarity so as to avoid making the mistake.
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere.

i am not sure why people like quotes so much. you do not respond to mails below the quote of the entire history of the mail (though it does appear at the bottom). you do not quote every time you respond to a message on whatsapp. i might even end up installing an addon that removes the quote feature completely. replacing it with mention along with link to the post being responded to. i dislike quotes that much.

Just asking mate... Off course you are right. We don't quote each and every post. Just saw some anomaly where some posts had quote available while some didn't. So just wanted to know if it was a bug or it was intentional.
Thanks for the clarification..

This has bugged me for years because EVERY now and then someone would start quoting manually and I would be like WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT. YOU ARE POSTING JUST BELOW THE POST YOU ARE RESPONDING TO.

Another thing. I also keep multi-quote disabled because most users do not really understand that feature and we end up with messed up posts. I just turned it on. Now waiting.

Best is to use select to quote. You can specifically select part of the post and reply to that directly. But that is also use rarely. Clicking the reply button comes naturally to people because that's how mail works.

I accidentally keep clicking on similar threads on mobile when replying to posts.

When I press the linebreak/enter key my keyboard disappears and I accidentally hit the similar threads links. Annoying. Don't think it used to happen earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.