Feedback on DEN Broadband

Hi guys, I am currently on a MTNL broadband. My plan allows me download speed of 2Mbps upto 10GB, after which it falls down to 512kbps. This plan costs me around 1000Rs per month. I am thinking of switching to Den, they are offering speed of 10Mbps upto 30GB @ 999/- in my area, which is a great deal IMO. How is their network and customer service?How is the download speed?Any outages?
Any feedback will be much appreciated.
Thanks

Where do u live ?
if u live in tilak nagar contact ZeoNet Broadband.

I have faced many problem with Den Broadband like downtime, wire cut, speed fluctuates, customer service is not satisfactory.

Anshul, my experience with DEN has been satisfactory, probably its partly to do with the fact that I've been using MTNL since 2007 and after using their customer service, everything else seems much better. I finally got my MTNL broadband disconnected so I could continue using the landline and it looks like I'll be using DEN going forward.

Anyone facing issue with Den Broadband in Indirapuram. Since yesterday i.e. 13 Oct 6:00 PM the Den connection at my home is frequently disconnecting and then connecting back and as such it is of no use.

Anyone has any idea what the issue is and when will it be corrected.

Just noticed banners in my area, spoke to the rep. And he was ready to install the demo connection . I have been with airtel since last 10 years and though they have been the best so far, I had enough of their stubborn attitude.
My request.... what is the worst I should expect from them... Besides the net down....
Their modems.... Their sharing ratio .... Their backend security... The dynamic IP ranges....
Would any of you have info to share on these queries.... Photos of their setup/hardware wtc

Me back again from Indirapuram Ghaziabad. Again for the past 2 to 3 days I am again encountering frequent disconnection. Every 3 to 4 minutes the internet connects and then disconnects. Very frustrating. Called up their help desk but no resolution till now.

Still waiting for den to install my connection.
The current tariff options attached below
cbcb2dad9d15b9e7845f63f5875904a5.jpg

Well i am with Airtel for almost 3 yrs now & around a month back got the DEN broadband as an extra connection so that i can see how good they are really ...

As imagined its worst ISP i have ever seen.

My story till now with them ...

Payed for my connection on 12th Nov, was given commitment by sales guy it would be installed next day , but after waited for two days when i followed up with the sales guy & found out that hes not picking up my phone , Called his senior luckily he gave me the plan details that had another number called that guy & he told me straight on my face that you have to wait for 3 days .

So i called same number on 4th day & guy send me the cable guy who does the wiring the same day in the evening around 4 pm.

Both guys were like 18-19th yrs of age & strange thing they had a drill but didnt knew how to operate it. First drilled at wrong place & later found out that it has a iron grill & it wont be grilled they dig another hole & atlast after couple of hours they put the wires but they didnot had a ladder to join the connection to the pillar they said they would send another person who would do the connection.

Next day again no one came in , I followed up with Customer care launched a complaint & same day around 5 pm another cable guys came in & said they are here for setting up wires , I told them wires already put in place & require it to connect to the pillar . Again both the guys who came in today didnt had the ladder so i told them to go from my neighbors place as it was near if you go by neighbors home.

Atlast it got setup & these ppl left me after providing me a number to call so that this guy can send a technician who can do the installation.

I called the guy number & he told me that he will send the guy in half n hour but no one came in after waiting for one hour.

Next day i again called the number but got no response , in the evening next day a guy came for installation .

First thing he said that i would require to have a different Wireless as this doesnt support there environment luckily i had another device that works with cable modem , but when they see i have a Linksys they straight away said this cannot be installed either as they donot work with Den settings .

I forced them to atleast show me what settings it requires , the guy was not ready to help keep on saying we have another connections that needs to setup & dont have time to play around & further troubleshoot on linksys wireless router .

I just asked him to give me the settings & ill try to figure out , after the guy left i tried troubleshooting & found out that settings he has provided are not complete i called in customer care & asked for the help , but failed to get the help from them too. I called my Sales guy that i am facing such issue he told me to get a 3 month connection where they will install the wifi aswell , I accepted & next day he came in & payed him for 3 months in fill for 5 MBPS 20 GB limit.

Next day technician came in with the wireless modem & this time he had another guy with him , he said that he can setup linksys wireless device aswell, but would require extra amount of 500rs as this is not supported by company. I felt tempted but later thought what if i face the problem in future & no one gonna help me & this guy would ask another 500rs for the help & also as i have already payed for 3 months connection just let it be & got a TP-Link wireless modem installed.

Connection atlast got setup on 21st Nov.

I had used the connection for one week faced not much challenges just some time it just doesnt connect in the night couple of time as i had airtel i didnt much troubleshooted & after a week i had to travel to USA for 15 days i left India at 31st & came back at 15th Jan.

Found out that connection doesnt work , i called in customer care on 15th jan n i was told that my connection has been disconnected lol .

I asked for the reason i was told by customer representative that i have not payed hence they have terminated my connection on 8th, i explained myself that i have payed in full for 3 months to the rep. & he put in my complaint ,

After waiting for a day as no one followed up on my complaint i called in again to broadband support i was told to check with your sales guy.

I called this guy & as always didnt answered my phone called his Manager he confirmed that he can see in his end that all payments have been recived he commited me that he will get back to me .

In meanwhile this sales guy called me back thinking i am a new customer as i tried calling him from the new number , I comforted him & tried to ask him whats going on why my connection is terminated he said he will check & get it fix by day end.

He called me in the evening & said that sir it wont be possible now & i would require to give another set of document on my wife name & he would setup another connection as there was some payment issue came up.

Same day in the evening his manager told me that he is checking a cheque that i have provided & the see all my details , however when i told him that i payed all the amount in cash he was like let me check & get back to you, God knows whats all that was.

Next morning the sales representative yesterday got the papers collected & setup me a new a/c on my wife name & setup a plan for 5mbs 2 months 20GB limit, So i now have lost around 10 days of internet & they gave me another 2 months.

Still facing some issues with internet speed as the modem they installed is currently only giving 0.02 MBPS & launched a complaint .

Another thing that i would like to tell you guys that once you pay them for 3 months you cannnot change the speeed later for like 3 months.

Thank God i didnt disconnected my Airtel connection gotta stick to it 🙂

Would let you know guys my rest story what happens with my current problem of slow speed ..... Its funny i have some time around to play with these stupid ppl as i am working from home these days otherwise i would have never been able to get the connection setup in first place.

Ohhh DAT is true for all new or small players. Mime has been stable for now.... Had a demo run for 15 days, then too the speeds were consistent. So far so good, got my AT too disconnected, at least they have taken my request to disconnect. I would agree with ankuraro that must not expect the service both back end and front end as good as the old player like airtel.... But then pricing at airtel is a lot monopolistic.

I agree on price front airtel should frankly decrease some prices or increase the monthly limit on GB, rest airtel rocks , they are charging us extra & they have equivalent professional staff to take care of the problems. (Hardly face any problem )

Den would have to take ages before they can match airtel customer support standards.

However one thing i have found out that DEN do pick the phone no matter time i have called them & launch the complaint straight away guess Customer support guys dont have much rights given & dey still have response time of around 24 hours to fix the problem that's not bad when compared with MTNL, However no one phone & confirm you if your problem is actully resolved or not they just resolve it & customer donot get any intimations.

For now i am going to have both connections as i have payed for another two months , would take a final call after two months , I am on call person who do WFH such kind of issues would make me stick to Airtel only.

Thanks for the replies, guys. Met one of my friend today who has installed DEN Boomband and seems to be pretty satisfied with their service. The technician was at his house within 30 min if and when a problem occurred, so finally I have decided to give them a try. Hopefully it will be installed by this weekend, will post my experience then.

So after running 3 months, I feel my expectations are met. The service does go down sometimes, and back up with consistent speeds. On a scale of 0-5 I would give them 4 being a new entrant. Good show. BTW all others too have got active, like SitiCable and Hathaway et al. Market is certainly hotting up, though late.... More action expected once the ambani bhai is on field.

It's wired based on docsis 3.0 technology with a cable modem installed at customer premises.