• Thread starter Thread starter techtata
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1,876

techtata

Regular
ISP
Tata Indicom
Hi,I am a fan of Linux. I want to learn and practise programming in C, C++, Objective C, Java, Perl, Python, and Ruby. I also would love to install different IDEs for creating programs in the above mentioned languages such as Geany, KDE, NetBeans, GNUStep etc. Other requirement of mine is developing small sites in PHP with MySQL as the back end using Drupal CMS. I have used in the past and still using both Fedora and Ubuntu. If I want to do the kind of programming as mentioned ealier with the languages and IDEs, which one should I choose? Fedora or Ubuntu? Please guide me, thanks.

Fedora would be much better !

Hi,

I am a fan of Linux. I want to learn and practise programming in C, C++, Objective C, Java, Perl, Python, and Ruby. I also would love to install different IDEs for creating programs in the above mentioned languages such as Geany, KDE, NetBeans, GNUStep etc. Other requirement of mine is developing small sites in PHP with MySQL as the back end using Drupal CMS. I have used in the past and still using both Fedora and Ubuntu. If I want to do the kind of programming as mentioned ealier with the languages and IDEs, which one should I choose? Fedora or Ubuntu? Please guide me, thanks.
if u want ease of use go with ubuntu simply coz of the ease with which u can install packages and most of the stuff just works. fedora is a bit irritating thanks to the rpm packages and their damned dependencies. although its improved a lot nowadays. u requirements will b satisfied in both cases though i wud still say use ubuntu (the online community for ubuntu is far bigger than fedora..in case u need help)