• Thread starter Thread starter Nuxer
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 3,101

Nuxer

liNUX+usER
ISP
Asianet FTTH
After a two-week delay, the Fedora Project team finally announced, two minutes ago, the release of Fedora 11, also known as Leonidas. The multitude of new features and improvements in this new version made the waiting time seem even longer, especially for dedicated fans. Well, at least the buzz from Ubuntu and Mandriva is slowly fading away, so Linux users can concentrate better on Fedora 11.

Coming on a single Live CD, Leonidas can be downloaded either with the GNOME desktop environment or the KDE one. Moreover, spins are available for the Xfce lightweight alternative and other specific purposes such as education or lab work.

Source: Softpedia

I just installed F11. Its good. And the most amazing thing happened.... I powered on my bluetooth headset, the BT applet asked for key to pair it and the next instant the BT headset appeared in volume control preferences and I could actually hear sound from a youtube video in them!!! Its never ever been so easy in Linux before! PulseAudio 0.9.15 rocks!! Too bad the headset battery went dead soon after that, I ll replace the battery and post results about how it behaves with skype.

I am fulltime on F10 now, no more use FC6. But I doubt I will switch to F11. May be F12 or even F14

I just installed F11. Its good. And the most amazing thing happened.... I powered on my bluetooth headset, the BT applet asked for key to pair it and the next instant the BT headset appeared in volume control preferences and I could actually hear sound from a youtube video in them!!! Its never ever been so easy in Linux before! PulseAudio 0.9.15 rocks!! Too bad the headset battery went dead soon after that, I ll replace the battery and post results about how it behaves with skype.

Wow, nice. Fedora 11 certainly is an excellent release. Now that I've been using Ubuntu 9.04 for a while, I think I will install F11 and use it until Ubuntu 9.10 alpha/beta becomes a little stable...

Downloaded x86-64 version Live CD. Not for regular use (I am using Ubuntu and a fan too 🙂), just for testing.

Uh!May be I spoke too soon, I am having all sorts of problems with skype on F11. I never had any trouble on F10. I guess its something to do with the new pulseaudio. Also, if anyone has skype working good with pulseaudio-0.9.15 , could you please post your /etc/pulse/daemon.conf here.