fastest way to reboot router

• Thread starter Thread starter mayank1200
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 27,463
turn off and turn on? what else can you do? a software based restart is not as cool as a regular restart.

If u just want to change ur Ip or just want to start a new session, I have bookmarked the link to PPP connection/discon page of my router on personal bar of opera, just click it, then disconnect>connectHardly takes 3 s

If u just want to change ur Ip or just want to start a new session, I have bookmarked the link to PPP connection/discon page of my router on personal bar of opera, just click it, then disconnect>connect

Hardly takes 3 s

ya....this is the thing i want ....is it possible in airtel?

telnet 192.168.1.1 (or IP of thr gateway)enter passwordrebootHappy Chapy:thumbsup:

sushubh@sushubh-desktop:~$ telnet 192.168.1.1Trying 192.168.1.1...telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: No route to host

sushubh@sushubh-desktop:~$ telnet 192.168.1.1
Trying 192.168.1.1...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: No route to host

Humm, strange man..... maybe u need to tweak da router to accept Telneting, or maybe 'cos ur on bridged mode. Not sure... heres mine

Code:
xxxxx@xxxx-desktop:~$ telnet 192.168.1.1Trying 192.168.1.1...Connected to 192.168.1.1.Escape character is '^]'.BusyBox on (none) login: adminPassword: BusyBox v0.61.pre (2005.05.30-08:31+0000) Built-in shell (ash)Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.# reboot

Its for the router, unfortunately (routing info. Prot.) 😛Fastest way to reboot the router1. Keep it inside a boot.2. Keep the other boot ready..rapidly untie the laces and replace. PS really felt like maarofying a PJ :redface: