so fastag has its own balance and wallet is separate? that's nice. my Paytm wallet balance fluctuate a lot so i guess i would keep the fastag balance topped off. not that my car crosses tolls that regularly more like 4-5 times in a year. so should not be a problem.

I had got Paytm Fastag when it was available for free in beginning. They also have reserved ₹150 separately. But I have not used it so far.
BTW kit mentioned about vehicle number printed on backside of sticker. Mine didn't have it. Is vehicle number printed on sticker anywhere?

so is Paytm's fastag a good option? i do not want one that is connected to my bank account and paytm seems like the only good alternative. airtel is another but not sure if they would force me to create an account with them or use their wallet which i don't use. any advice would be helpful.
which fastag is connected to bank account? I think none! At least not from the big banks like icici, axis, hdfc, sbi... All will have dedicated wallet and no where related the bank account. it needs separate recharge like paytm wallet. Only difference in paytm tag is, it is already linked with the main wallet, no separate wallet for fastag specific.

Paytm fastag also has its own wallet from the looks of it.

also found out an hour ago that a local stationary shop affiliated with paytm was also giving fastag on the spot. kya timing hai.

Reactions: SVK
no.. Paytm doesn't have separate wallet for fastag, it's usually linked to the main paytm wallet. I'm using one now... my previous car also i had one.

@Sushubh fastag reserves rs 250 as security in separate fastag account, which is different from Paytm wallet. Only advantage is u don't have to create a separate wallet like ihmcl or airtel fastag. If u have balance in ur paytm wallet it got deducted automatically for toll. In ihmcl u can either add balance to ur wallet or directly to fastag or from ur wallet to fastag or vice versa.

There is a separate bucket within Paytm for fastag, although money is not deducted from that bucket unless your regular Paytm balance doesn't cover the Fastag transaction. @smnrock

However the other way doesn't work, can't use Fastag specific balance for regular wallet stuff 😅

@varkey Mine was free, but when u create wallet u have to deposit rs. 250 as security and some amount for first recharge. Same like Paytm that 250 is just reserved. Paytm is better coz nhai charges some transaction charge for adding money to fastag account, though u can recharge same nhai fastag on paytm for free.

so fastag has its own balance and wallet is separate? that's nice. my Paytm wallet balance fluctuate a lot so i guess i would keep the fastag balance topped off. not that my car crosses tolls that regularly more like 4-5 times in a year. so should not be a problem.
I dont think you can topup the fasttag balance, they just keep 150 aside for it from your paytm wallet balance which can only be used for toll payment if you are low on balance in your wallet but have to pay for a toll. Also your fasttag will be blacklisted if it doesnt have the minimum 150 balance reserved for it,so you can use that reserved 150 to pay for toll once but then it will get blacklisted. Someone correct me if i am wrong. at least this is how I think airtel fashtag works.

so does it have a separate fastag wallet that can accept more money? or is 150 buck just a locked amount that is best not to be used? 😁